Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Numbers are slowly getting worse, only on some F2 channels.

I've started to get some really bad numbers... I've lost 272 (TLCHD) - no picture, and 276 (NatGeo HD) - extreme pixelation.

I think it might be the LNB. I am pretty sure that the LOS for the new dish location is fine.... Here are the numbers I got yesterday while on the phone with tech support.

Aug 18th @ 230pm Eastern

ch 276 - 61 strength - 2.3dB quality - unwatchable
ch 274 - 80 - 4.6dB
ch 261 - 94 - 7.3dB
ch 272 - 57 - 1.7dB - unwatchable
SHOWHD also doesn't work.... didn't get the diagnostic numbers

Apparently ch 360 and 700 are stand. def and on F2 as well.... I didn't write down the numbers.

Stand. Def coming in on F1 seems to fine.

An installer is supposed to be coming on Friday.... hopefully in the afternoon, or it's a no go....

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm having the same problems, except only on 277, 279, and 291.

My signal is approx 88/7.0 (or higher) on almost all channels except those above.

277 is 62/1.9
279 is 61/2.3
291 is 62/1.9

I had a service call last week, tech said the dish was aligned properly and called for a replacement (505). The new receiver didn't work, so I have another service call scheduled for this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
had a service call, and they replaced a 3 yr old lnb.... but signal was still the same.

tweaked the dish a little bit left to right and now have signal strength in the high 80's low 90's for my f2 channels and 7+dB accross the board....

The installer pointed to some leaves that may get in the way in the near future (arghh)....

So, I rented a 12ft step ladder from home depot and was able to trim a couple of branches that may interfere during a rain storm (water from the rain may make the leaves hang lower and possibly block the signal.

I should be good for a bit, but should really trim one big branch for good to get rid of any leaves growing into the path for the next 5+ years.... Will wait for the fall to do that.....

P

·
Registered
26 Posts
Had my service call yesterday. Tech simply realigned the dish and I now have signals of 90/7.0+ on all channels. I don't know why the tech from last weeks service call didn't pick this up.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm in Central Florida and here are my spots

ch 276 - 85 5.4
ch 274 - 87 5.9
ch 261 - 87 6.1
ch 272 - 86 5.8

Have 2 - 30 inch dishes and this is the best I can get off 111 and I peaked it while it was in the Center of the Box.

Don't have any problem with signal quality buy do suffer signal loss in heavy rain. All hd channels watchable on 111

·
Registered
209 Posts
A few days ago we had a really bad storm in Calgary and my dish was knock off of alignment.
Same here, that wind was something, though the dish has been up for 9 years, never had a problem before. Our 505 keeps pixellating on SD and losing subscription. Signal is way down (30 something) I'll get out the ladder this week and tweak the dish. (schedule is too hairy to book a service call)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts