Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got hooked up to Telus Mediaroom a month ago, and I went out and bought a brand new Dynex 22" LCD for the bedroom. Occasionally - usually atleast once every time we have it on, the screen goes black and the sound cuts out for a second (literally). Then the little box that indicates we have it hooked up through component comes on and the programming resumes.

I phoned Best Buy today and they said it's probably the signal being dropped and that it's a well known, very common occurrence with newer tv's as they are more sensitive. However it never happens with our LG 32" (approx 2 years old). It's just over the 30 day mark on our purchase, so if you can tell me if you think this is signal drop or not, I might still have a slim chance in getting it right with Best Buy.

Thanks for your help:)

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, we did not hook up the LG to that location. My AR hubby would never go for that! :rolleyes: Our old TV was a CRT and it ran at that box for about a month with no issue. From what you seem to be indicating is that I've been taken for a bit of a ride and I'd better get that set back to BB toot sweet. :eek:

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not being flip, but I just ain't going there with the LG. It would be way easier and less nerve wracking trying to get a replacement set with BB:eek:. Anyways, if I'm reading you right the CRT working at that location means nothing as we want to compare apples to apples. Also, don't know if it makes any difference, but we have 6 tv's hooked up to the system (2 LCD, 4 CRT) and this is the only issue. I'll just try to exchange the set with a new one and see if that helps.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I replaced the tv with another of the same model, and it happened again. It seems to happen when the system has been on for 20-30 min. Could it have anything to do with the STB adapter, which seems to get pretty warm?

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So we may have narrowed down the problem somewhat. We noticed that when we turned off our table fan we could recreate the tv problem. When I moved the fan to an outlet close by, but on a different line I couldn't reproduce the issue. We also got the problem to happen when we unplugged and replugged our DVD player. We tried a lower end power bar with protection, but this did not help. Any thoughts where to go next?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.