Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience using one of these with voip.ms (or even any other provider)?

Since I've had to keep my POTS line this seems to be the perfect solution for me. Since it's dual mode it will let you "combine" the VoIP with the POTS. The dialing rules allow it to decide which line to use based on the number entered (i.e. anything starting with 613 goes to POTS and everything else to voip.ms). It even allows profiles to be setup for 6 different voip providers at a time.

I've read some reviews and they all seem to be okay.

TIA!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To answer my own question, it works... and so far, quite well.

Picked up my order at the border yesterday and had everything set up in a jiffy.

Haven't had time to check out the call quality thoroughly yet but I can see now why people recommend getting an IP phone over using something like the PAP2T.

It's really nice being able to use the regular phone line and voip.ms from a single wireless handset. With the dialing rules setup, you simply dial and the phone handles the rest. When you receive calls, it tells you if it's coming in on the fixed line or which specific voip provider (if you have more than 1 setup).

Only gripe so far is the Siemens web interface used for configuration could use some polishing. Also, I had to use Chrome as Firefox 4 didn't display any of the dropdown boxes. I didn't try with Safari.

Still many features / options I need to explore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts