Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Shudder Turns April Into "Halfway to Halloween Month" with Its Biggest Slate of Programming Ever

Creepshow, Season 2 - Premieres April 1, New Episodes Every Thursday **Shudder Original Series
Train to Busan Presents: Peninsula - Premieres April 1 **Shudder Exclusive Film
The Power - Premieres April 8 **Shudder Exclusive Film
The Banishing - Premieres April 15 **Shudder Original Film
2021 FANGORIA Chainsaw Awards - Premieres April 18 at 8pm ET / 5pm PT **Shudder TV Exclusive
Boys from County Hell - Premieres April 22 **Shudder Exclusive Film
Deadhouse Dark - Premieres April 29 **Shudder Original Series

NEW ADDITIONS TO SHUDDER'S MOVIE LIBRARY
April1
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (1986)

April 5
Don't Panic (1988)
Zombie for Sale (2019)

April 12
The McPherson Tape (1989)
Alex de la Iglesia Double Feature: The Day of the Beast (1995) and Dance with the Devil (a.k.a. Perdita Durango, 1997)

April 19
The Stepfather (1987)
The Conspiracy (2012)
Housebound (2014)

April 26
The Similiars (2015)
Attack of the Demons (2019)

April 29
Horror Express (1972)

I've only included content available on Shudder CA. See the press release for descriptions.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I see that Shudder has quite aggressive way to market itself. One can subscribe to Shudder using its own site, as a channel on Prime Video, as a channel on Apple TV+, or as a specialty channel on cable TV.

·
Registered
10,443 Posts
That's the same as many other Canadian specialty channels. There are 18 channels on Prime Video, at least some of which are also available on Apple+. I assume that Amazon and Apple take a cut of the subscription in return for handling the video streaming. It appears to be a good arrangement. These channels are all grouped under the Prime app on Prime video and work well (unlike some other Canadian streaming options.) In comaprison to developing their own streaming services it must be a good option for smaller broadcasters.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I used to subscribe to Shudder as its own channel with the Amazon Prime App, but switched to AMC+ as a Prime channel a few months back, and with any luck, I’m still getting the full Shudder lineup within that App. Some of the shows are arranged differently within the AMC+ channel, though.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts