Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder if this will have any kind of impact on Netflix?
I doubt it. I took a quick look at the horror genre in Netflix and it's not even close. Real horror fans certainly aren't getting their fix from Netflix. (I'm not a horror fan, so I'm just going by the titles.) Netflix seems to carry more mainstream titles.

It might have an effect on The Cult Movie Network, which is a Canadian company that is only available on MTS TV AFAIK, but does have a streaming service for the rest of the country.

·
Super Moderator
19,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is the official press release from Oct. 20:

Shudder Canada Launches
SHUDDER’s growing library of curated horror is available ad-free and for unlimited viewing on Shudder’s website, mobile apps for iOS and Android, Chromecast, Apple TV, and the Roku platform with a free one week-trial or $4.99 monthly/ $49.99 yearly membership, and more platforms being added in the months after launch.
The price is in Canadian dollars. My guess is there is no GST/HST since they are a foreign internet service like Netflix. The Twitter account in post 1 is very active so you can ask them if you really want to be sure.

·
Super Moderator
19,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The eight-episode Sky original production, A Discovery of Witches, will make its debut in the U.S. and Canada on a date to be confirmed, with all episodes available simultaneously on both Sundance Now and Shudder, marking the first partnership of this kind for the two SVOD services. SundanceTV has also acquired second window linear rights to the series. (Source) No mention of linear TV rights in Canada.

----

Shudder Greenlights Creepshow" TV Series, scheduled to debut on Shudder in 2019. (Source) No specific mention that the series will be available in Canada.

·
Super Moderator
19,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Keep in mind that second window can be anytime from after the season airs completely to a year later. AMC Networks owns Sundance Now, Shudder and SundanceTV. So they might air the series after it finishes on the streaming services (8 weeks) or they may give the streaming services about a year for the exclusive before it airs on SundanceTV.

I don't know if Shudder's deal for the Canadian rights gives them an exclusive first window or if it's only for the streaming rights and a Canadian network could pick up the linear rights.

·
Super Moderator
19,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Shudder will bring back Joe Bob Briggs for Thanksgiving and Christmas specials, to be titled The Dinners of Death on Thursday, Nov. 22 and A Very Joe Bob Christmas on Friday, Dec. 21. Shudder also announced plans to launch a regular series featuring Joe Bob in 2019. (Source)

·
Super Moderator
19,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
On heels of Sky UK's greenlight announcement for second and third seasons of A Discovery of Witches, Sundance Now and SHUDDER have confirmed the acquisition of both seasons. The first season is set to premiere on both the services in U.S. and Canada on January 17, 2019.

Full Press Release

·
Super Moderator
19,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
NOS4A2 is coming to Shudder, with the first episode debuting in the U.S. and Canada on Thursday, August 8, and subsequent episodes of the 10-episode series added every Thursday. (Full Press Release)

----

Shudder announced a September 26 premiere date for Creepshow. See the Deadline article for the trailer.

·
Super Moderator
19,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Shudder has acquired South African film Fried Barry for release in North America, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand on Thursday, May 6. (Source)

·
Super Moderator
19,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Shudder Turns April Into "Halfway to Halloween Month" with Its Biggest Slate of Programming Ever

Creepshow, Season 2 - Premieres April 1, New Episodes Every Thursday **Shudder Original Series
Train to Busan Presents: Peninsula - Premieres April 1 **Shudder Exclusive Film
The Power - Premieres April 8 **Shudder Exclusive Film
The Banishing - Premieres April 15 **Shudder Original Film
2021 FANGORIA Chainsaw Awards - Premieres April 18 at 8pm ET / 5pm PT **Shudder TV Exclusive
Boys from County Hell - Premieres April 22 **Shudder Exclusive Film
Deadhouse Dark - Premieres April 29 **Shudder Original Series

NEW ADDITIONS TO SHUDDER'S MOVIE LIBRARY
April1
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (1986)

April 5
Don't Panic (1988)
Zombie for Sale (2019)

April 12
The McPherson Tape (1989)
Alex de la Iglesia Double Feature: The Day of the Beast (1995) and Dance with the Devil (a.k.a. Perdita Durango, 1997)

April 19
The Stepfather (1987)
The Conspiracy (2012)
Housebound (2014)

April 26
The Similiars (2015)
Attack of the Demons (2019)

April 29
Horror Express (1972)

I've only included content available on Shudder CA. See the press release for descriptions.

·
Super Moderator
19,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Shudder has acquired the exclusive rights to The Boy Behind the Door for release in North America, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand on Thursday, July 29. (Source)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts