Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
We gave The Chicago Code a fair shake, but there didn't seem to be much depth to it compared to Detroit 1-8-7, for example. Human Target was just one long treatment of the exact same premise. Compared to The Mentalist, which is also a one-premise show, Human Target had little or no humanity to it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
These were the 5 remaining shows to not be renewed or canceled by Fox yet...so now all of their returning shows for the fall are known.

Too bad about Breaking In and Traffic Light, I like those shows.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
I thought Chicago Code was a decent show. Lost interest in Lie To Me some time ago. Didn't like Human Target. The rest I never watched once.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I expect "No Ordinary Family" to be cancelled as well. Mostly when two of the main actors already moved on to other projects.

"The Event" might not survive as well.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Thats funny. I watched Human Target and The Chicago Code. Now that there both gone I will have No shows at all to watch on FOX. Other then the odd Simpsons I won't be watching anything on FOX anymore.:D

·
Super Moderator
5,074 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
This is always an interesting process, particularly now with blogs and other forms of press coverage giving the cancel/renew decisions more attention.

I'm happy already, with the miracle news a few weeks ago that Fringe was renewed. Against all odds, particularly given how aggressively Fox is pruning to make room for new shows.

I'm certain The Event will be cancelled, and, frankly (I hate to say this about a premise like 24 With Aliens, because it could have been soooooo good), it deserves to be cancelled. Bad writing, bad acting, bad direction. Great premise, horrible execution. I see that some of the core Event fans are using the 'it's good, you're just stupid to understand it' line that the Rubicon fans used after its (highly deserved) cancellation last year http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-0512-drama-20110512,0,7051380.story

The other sci fi on the bubble is V, which was renewed to great surprise last year. If you watched the last half hour of the last episode, it was one of those great 'we know this is done, so we are going to have to clean up the threads quickly' sequences. Had the entire series been this fast paced, it might have drawn more viewers. Too bad, Elizabeth Mitchell deserved a better platform.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
NBC cancels 'The Event' and 'Law & Order: L.A.'
Figures.

We watched The Event, it wasn't that great a show so I'm not surprised.

We did not watch any of the previous L&O series so decided to start by watching L&O LA. It was ok. Just out luck it got canned. Maybe I'll grab the other series and check them out.

·
Registered
205 Posts
And yet another failed attempt to destroy the world - remember 'Threshold'?

Them aliens are like the Nashville Predators - they just won't quit, they keep coming back.

But as long as we keep ignoring bad shows, our world will be safe

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I'm not surprised at the ABC cuttings. The only one I cared for was Detroit 1-8-7 which as I recall ended in such a way that I didn't think it was coming back anyway. V was pretty bad. I never saw Brothers & Sisters or No Ordinary Family. Gave up on Mr Sunshine after 1 episode. The wife liked Off The Map but it wasn't my cup of tea.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Lizards down! V cancelled. Too bad in only one way. I really, really wanted to see the inside of that Transpecies Disco Bar mating facility that the lizards were building to deal with their supply side fertility problem. This was Plan B, after they gave up on capturing the human soul – build Playboy Mansion Galactica. Guess they wised up pretty fast as to who they were dealing with.

Would have been worth sitting through all the bad acting and writing to see it, CGI'd to the max. It would have been something to remember, I’m sure.

Now all we’re left with is memories of Mark Singer’s bad goatee

1 - 20 of 65 Posts