Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm currently using Rogers Internet and HomePhone.
Getting 80GB allowance, 10mb download speed, two features home phone for around $82.

And from Bell I was offered, 105GB allowance, 6mb download speed, two feature home phone for around $65.

Seems to be a pretty good deal for me, but not sure about internet speed and reliability of Bell. What do you guys think? And does Bell use telephone line for internet service?

Cheers,

pa. Teksavvy has good rates, but their fees are real high!

·
Registered
633 Posts
I would be careful with the Bell offer. It might be limited to 3 or 6 months. Their internet uses DSL so, yes, it uses a phone line.

·
Registered
52 Posts
To paraphrase a Newf friend of mine: "Never leave a place where you're already satisfied, to go to a place where you think you might be satisfied!"

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
A $17 a month plus taxes, the potential savings are considerable but like whitbyterry said, check the conditions.

Another consideration. Use a VoIP service such as Voip,ms or Vonage for phone and just sub to Rogers Internet.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
6mb download speed
I think you'll find that's up to 6 MB, depending on your line and distance. The CBC had a comparison a while ago and found Bell had the worst performance of the four tested. Rogers had the best. On top of that, there are reasons, based on supporting customers, that I would not go with them. For starters, they must have about the worst help(?) desk of any ISP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts