Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to me that Aliant is going everywhere in jumps

but little expansion to outlying towns near cities such

as Shediac. Anyone heard of movement toward Shediac?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
When Aliant launched FiberOp in NB, Shediac was not one of the cities mentioned. You might want to get help from your mayor to help persuade Aliant to expand to Shediac.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's coming

Saw aliant workers in Shediac this week. Spoke to one of them and he said they

were repairing a break but that fibreop was coming. Wouldn't say date though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sorry to bump this thread, but I have some interesting relatively new details on the development with FibreOp and Shediac...

It seems the right side (if you go on the right from main street, example: Co-Op and that side) of Shediac will be getting it within the next three months.

If you go to Bell's site and check availability with an address on Rachel St or even Smith Ave, it says that FibreOp will be available within the next three months. I live on the left side of Shediac and when I put in my address, it doesn't say anything except that it's not available. I imagine it'll be a few months after the left side gets it, that we get it.

I can't wait to get it, I feel like im getting ripped off paying $180 for phone, satellite and horrible internet (my max speeds are 650 KB/s, when in reality we're suppose to be getting 800 KB/s, but our telephone lines here are too old)...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I understand, but if you put in an address that is located on the right side of Shediac (such as Rachel St. or Smith) it clearly says "FiberOP is coming to your home within the next three months".

Here's a print screen in fact:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/WWEFreak69/Screenshot2011-05-30at35419PM.png

Also, today (Monday May 30th) there's a crew for Bell clearly installing FibreOp here in Shediac.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
WWEFreak666,

If I were you, I'd call every Friday asking if FibreOp is available for your house. The website is not always up to date. Plus, when you call in, it seems that the database they use will have the availability date for your address. Right now it's probably blank, but at some point, there will be an available date entered. At that point you'll be able to order it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fibre

Fibreop trucks have been all around Shediac for last month.

Laid cable on my street 3 weeks ago.

They we're installing at my daughter's place in Moncton 2 days ago and said

that they would be installing in Shediac next month.

·
Super Moderator
16,859 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
At this point I think Bell Aliant has bought enough fiber that they are getting it at a VERY attractive price and are using these savings to deploy it in smaller locations, such as Shediac. It's awesome. Way to go Shediac!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Do you think it will make it to Pt. du Chene?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Woohoo!

Woohoo! I plan on ordering today for sure! I just came home from work (I work night shift) and checked it out! It's available at my address! WOOHOO! Must get Must get! I had to put in my address (I originally put in my phone number) two times JUST to makes sure and then I found the articles... This is so exciting!

The prices are stunning. Well worth it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sorry for double posting, but I received a message from someone who works at Bell regarding my wanting to order FibreOp. She said they would only be installing FibreOp in Shediac at the very end of July. I'm a little confused as to why Bell wants people to order FibreOp so early. Their website clearly messed up, because I originally had nothing except that I wasn't getting FibreOp and now it says it's available and yet my friends who were getting "it will be available within the next three months" are still getting the same thing. There also seems to be a lack of communication within the company.

Regardless, i'll wait patiently, even though it's kinda hard ;)..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally here in Shediac. Installer will be here on Thursday the 21 st of July.

Hope the quality and speed are good.

·
Registered
86 Posts
So, you already ordered and they sent a guy to set it all up for you? Where exactly do you live in Shediac? Obviously don't have to say exactly where... I guess I have to get on the phone with Aliant and order... I wish they would have called though and it's odd cause their site is still saying it's not available for my phone number and you'd think they'd call me considering they have my order in their computer and I've called them like 5 times in the past two months just for FibreOp.

·
Registered
93 Posts
There was a delay in the service being opened up. Initially their internal FibreOP qualification tool that their reps use was updated to show it was available late June. Then it was updated to show coming July 29. So assuming no more delays call on July 29 and you should be able to book an appointment. Part of this issue is they have to move techs around to meet the demand.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Okay I called and she said they still haven't done any of Shediac. I don't understand where Pitouboy is and how you got it so quickly.

She said the date to send the orders through is July 31st, so she told me to call on August 1. But, would they even be open on August 1st?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts