Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seriously

just called to check status of my account (to see if i have any ppv credits left) and got this message

Due to high call volume, we can't take your call. try again

so I did, with another company

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I noticed you posted at 10pm when Shaw Direct was probably overwhelmed with manual calls for UFC 116. Probably could have called earlier or tomorrow if you just wanted to check your balance.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
UFC usually does a number on the call centers. People really need to order ahead of time...
I got this message once when I had some missing channels (before the online refresh was established). I was annoyed, but then realized it was better than putting me on hold for all eternity.

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
I know the feeling, I work in sales in a store, and sometimes i've got several customers to deal with and phones ringing off the hook. It can be overwhelming at times, just cut them some slack.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I called them recently and got the we are very busy message. They have a call back service where they will keep your place in line and call you back when you get to first in line.

Worked great :D

Way better than sitting on hold forever

·
Registered
61 Posts
I guess that makes sense. When I called, the wait time was 17-27 mins according to the voice prompt. It then offered me the option of the call back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've used the callback service a few times, never had a problem.

In fact, once when a rep was transferring me to another department rep, I got disconnected. I was pissed thinking I'd have to call back and wait in the queue for another 15 mins or use the callback again, but I received a call within 30secs from the rep whom I was to be transferred to.
That actually impressed me.:p

Now in terms of actual information that some of the reps are able to provide, that is sometimes less than impressive (had some troubles trying to arrange for a Home-Away-From-Home installation). But thats another story.

You want really poor customer service? Try dealing with Bell (prepare to be overbilled) or Primus (ineffective timewasters).:mad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts