Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where does shaw get it's listings for channels from?

I've noticed more then once and so have other people that some shows don't get listed as new and so My PVR doesn't record the show in question, the soup on E. never is listed as new. so my only two options are to manually set it or set a rule to record it and only have 2 items. My only problem is that the E channel moves this show around at times and it will not get recorded.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Rovi is the company that updates the guide info. Often the info that is sent to them from the network themselves does not indicate if the show is new or not so they are unable to update this flag.

I'm currently working on a similar challenge with Global BC News Hour as the listings are not uniform for this either and series recordings are getting missed for some customers.

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
The two main guide data providers for Canada are Rovi and Tribune Media Services which runs Zap2it.com. If both sources show the same data, then the problem is with the network, not the guide. Specialty networks quite often don't provide episode info, especially for news/talk types of shows.

·
Registered
301 Posts
On this note, why doesn't ShawTV (channel 10) show any program listings? With my PVR, I'd probably tape some WHL/Canada West games if I knew they were on.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
In my area the WHL games do display in the guide when they are airing.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I would suggest that you mention this to the local Shaw office as other areas have this ability. They just need to make sure they update the info they send to the guide provider each week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts