Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just launched yesterday free long distance on all phone plans as long as you are calling another shaw digital phone subscriber

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have confirmed this with Shaw Support:

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail us.

Yes we have just introduced this feature to our phone service; as long as the customer you are calling has Shaw Phone the call will be free.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

E-service Victoria
Shaw Communications Inc.
861 Cloverdale Avenue, Victoria, BC V8X 4S7
Telephone: (250) 475-5655 // Fax: (250) 475-7291
[email protected]
ACCOUNTABLE BALANCE CUSTOMER FOCUSED INTEGRITY LOYALTY POSITIVE, CAN DO ATTITUDE TEAM PLAYER
 please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

·
Registered
708 Posts
From Shaw website under "terms and conditions".

(9) Shaw to Shaw Calling is included with Digital Phone Basic and Lite. Shaw Digital Phone Basic and Lite subscribers may use their Shaw Digital Phone services to make unlimited calls to any other subscriber of Shaw’s Digital Phone services (business or residential) in Canada (excluding calls to or from Hamilton, Ontario) at no extra cost. Service subject to change without notice.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Hi there I can confirm that it is also free Long Distance on all phone plans to other Shaw Home Phone users.

Customers on Shaw Home Phone Lite have already had this for a little while, now we have extended it to all Shaw Home Phone Basic customers.

Also as of today we will now use "Shaw Home Phone" as the umbrella name for our home phone service.

Each product line will bear the name:
  • Shaw Home Phone Basic
  • Shaw Home Phone Lite
  • Shaw Home Phone.

Our website with regards to the naming will be updated at the end of our fiscal year.

Shaw Employee but views/opinions are solely my own and do not represent or are in no way endorsed by any other party.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Somehow, this line "Service subject to change without notice" bothers me. If I started using this service, how do I know that I won't be charged in the future?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Somehow, this line "Service subject to change without notice" bothers me. If I started using this service, how do I know that I won't be charged in the future?
History? We have not removed any feature or 'value add' on our phone service ever.

We have over 1 mill phone customers now whilst wanting to remain competitive. We trialled it on the Shaw Home Phone Lite plan for a whilst first and we are acting off positive recourse too.

As a business we have to cover ourselves too just like anyone else. Our track record so far shows there have been no removals of anything posititive and our LD international rates have only gone down.

We have also never had a rate increase on any phone plan to date. (Can never say that this won't happen, just so far for a long time)

It is a service that is provided free, if you subscribe to a Basic Home phone for example then Long Distance Canadian calls are 4c/minute right, if you are making those calls to someone else who has Shaw they are simply now free. You technically have always been using the service. Something for free is always a good thing :)

Shaw Employee but views/opinions are solely my own and do not represent or are in no way endorsed by any other party.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts