Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 145 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
If you are doing the satellite swap program Shaw will need to take your dish (some techs don't bother), your receiver and your card. In exchange they will give you a PVR and a SD DCT so you can then activate your friends PVR afterwards and have 3 digital terminals, 2 with HD.

·
Registered
15 Posts
well they never asked more my dish , which will stay on the house till the roof is redone , all they asked for was 1 receiver they offered me the one hd pvr and one standard .
if i would have seen this earlier i would have grabbed the sd one as well, but turned it down i thought they would only do one per.
don't mater anyways .
the're coming out next week for install .
I went with digital basic w/movies. I get the first month free , and two months of movies for 1/2 off . with full access to shaw on demand , pay per views ect.
but over all I think I should be happy , we don't watch alot of extra tv anymore and was justing looking for a basic service .

thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Called last night to find out what Shaw could offer a long time customer with what Telus Optik is offering. She told me they really couldnt do much at this point, but did lower my monthly rate for 6 months and give me high speed internet for 6 months. We were chatting about PVR's and she told me she "could not say anything specific, but not to go spend money on one at this time as something was coming out in about March...but she could not talk about it. Anyone have any idea what thats about?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
There are always rumors about bigger better DCTs coming out but until staff are offiically notified it is pure speculation about the make/models and release dates.

I have heard talk about a new PVR eventually coming out but there is no confirmed info about when or what that would be that I have seen or heard.

141 - 145 of 145 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.