Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

My DCT-6412 with a Shaw Expander box was updated with new Software/Firmware last night. Everything seemed to be working last night as we were watching a recorded movie from the DVR.

Now after the upgrade I get the following message when trying to play any of my recordings:

"The external drive containing the requested recording is not connected. Please connect Drive, Drive 1, or press CANCEL"

Then there are 2 boxes to select from "CANCEL" or "HELP" and Alert12 is shown on the bottom of the diplay (Lower half of screen containing message has blue background)

If I select the help Box the following message comes up:

"External Drive Utility. Select an External Drive to delete all recordings for the selected drive. Deleted recordings will be removed from the DVR Recordings List"

On the next line it shows:
Name Serial Number Size

Then

Drive1 WD-WS.... 1000GB

then there are 2 boxes to choose from:

"Delete" and "Exit"

and it show Alert16 at the bottom of the screen.

After being on hold for 1 1/2 hours, tech support could not help either, they just had me unplug stuff like I had already done.

They booked a service call for this Saturday, but said most likely I will lose all of my recordings, can't say I'm too happy.

Hoping to hear from others that have similar issues or even from others that have everything working OK

Thanks,

Gord

·
Registered
1 Posts
DCT Software Update

I have a similar problem. Although my DVR is stuck in parental control. I cannot see program guide or my own recordings. The only button that works is INFO and it leads me to parental control options: set new or deactivate. Even if I deactivate it, it doesn't allow any other function to start.

I will update this thread if something works out.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Gord2001:
I had a similar problem a while ago which I did resolve either by power cycling or by doing a reset from https://activations.shaw.ca/. Sorry I cannot be more specific. I cannot remember the exact details but it didn't take too long to fix (except for the waiting time). I know this is likely very close to what Shaw has already had you do but maybe something here is a little different.

Here's what I would suggest. Unplug your 6412 and your Expander. Make sure the eSATA cable is firmly connected to both units. Plug in your expander and wait about 3 minutes. Then plug in your 6412. Wait for it to reboot and see what happens. If that doesn't fix it then see if you can do a reset via https://activations.shaw.ca/. If it works then see if it has fixed the problem. It may not work and then you'll have to wait for Shaw. In that case use Shaw Chat to get Shaw to do the reset for you. Please allow for enough time for the system to settle down. In one case a problem recognizing my Expander disappeared after about an hour, spontaneously.

If all that doesn't work, then you can still wait for your appointment.

UPDATE:
jumpy27 reports a similar problem. See post 85 in New A28 Guide - Aug. 2010.

Staticbomb:
I had the same problem earlier today. For me the PIN problem disappeared after a few more minutes. See New A28 Guide - Aug. 2010 if you want further details.

Good luck to you both.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.