Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Chopped has proven popular in both Canada and the United States. It has even produced a spin off of sorts in Cutthroat Kitchen. The problem for me with these programs is that they are self contained. Each week four chefs compete for a prize. The prize is won and that's the end of it. I'd like to see Chopped changed into an ongoing knockout kind of competition where the winner each week is one of the four chefs the following week. That format would have more interest for me. As it is I find myself getting bored after a few episodes. There's not enough at stake.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Well chopped in the states has the occasional format that you mentioned .It's usually five shows with the first four shows choosing one per show and the fifth show being the finale/championship . Personally i enjoy the one show one winner format . No muss no fuss and a winner at the end .My partner is the one who has a greater love of the show so i pvr episodes so we can watch at leisure .

·
Super Moderator
16,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
New series Buy It Fix It Sell It airs Fridays at 9pm ET/PT beginning May 23rd during a national free preview throughout the month of May on HGTV Canada.

Full Press Release.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts