Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
For anyone who enjoys Andrew Zimmern and his Bizarre foods show , Dtour seems to be showing shows from 2011 up including this year . The last ones i saw were on T&E and were from 2008 i believe .

·
Registered
662 Posts
The twelfth season of Project Runway is currently airing on Lifetime USA, but Season 11 hasn't even aired in Canada (at least I don't think it has).

Lifetime Canada has given the show the runaround. Facebook simply states that we should keep checking the Lifetime Canada schedule, but there has been no confirmation or denial of future broadcasts.

Canada's been a year behind for some reason, and if you can't follow the social media aspect of the show because you're afraid that there will be spoilers for the newer season scattered all over the Internet, that pretty much kills some of the added fun that social media sites might provide.

American: OMG! LAquesha just got eliminated.

Canadian: Which one's LAquesha? I just finished watching Season 10.

American: Season 10? Are you living in China?

Canadian: No, Canada.

American: Use the Internet if you can.

Canadian: No thanks. I prefer real TV.

American: Suit yourself.

Canadian: What a coincidence. I just watched Suits yesterday.

American: I watched Suits on Tuesday.

Canadian: We get it a day later on Wednesday.

American: You Canadians have it rough over there.

Canadian: Yeah, but I keep myself busy by watching reruns of Project Runway Canada.

American: I haven't seen that show. Is it about trying to land airplanes on a snowy runway, sort of like Ice Road Truckers, but for planes?

Canadian: Yeah, the plane crashes are amazing!

American: Wow. I'm going to try to download that show. CUL8R.

Canadian: L8R yankee doodle.

·
Super Moderator
16,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
DTOUR new programming this fall

Hidden City (Canadian Broadcast Premiere)
Back-to-back episodes Tuesdays at 8pm ET/9pm PT beginning October 8

Ride-iculous (Canadian Broadcast Premiere)
Back-to-back episodes Wednesdays at 8pm ET/9pm PT beginning October 9

Amazing Eats (Canadian Broadcast Premiere)
Back-to-back episodes Wednesdays at 9pm ET/10pm PT beginning October 16

Baggage Battles (Canadian Broadcast Premiere)
Back-to-back episodes Sundays at 9pm ET/10pm PT beginning October 20

The Getaway (Canadian Broadcast Premiere)
Sundays at 10pm ET/11pm PT beginning October 20

Magic Man (Canadian Broadcast Premiere)
Back-to-back episodes Thursdays at 9pm ET/10pm PT beginning October 31

Brew Dogs (Canadian Broadcast Premiere)
Thursdays at 9pm ET/10pm PT beginning November 7

·
Super Moderator
16,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Food Network Canada fall lineup additions

Brand New Series:

Guy’s Grocery Games (Canadian Broadcast Premiere)
Mondays at 10pm ET/PT beginning October 21​

Restaurant Express (Canadian Broadcast Premiere)
Sundays at 9pm ET/ PT beginning November 3​

On The Rocks (Canadian Broadcast Premiere)
Sundays at 10pm ET/PT beginning November 24​

Press Release.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I was watching a new show on Food Network Canada recently called Food Truck Faceoff or some such. It pits two teams against each for the rights to own a food truck for one year. It is quite entertaining but ...

The show is set in the states mostly around California. I assumed it was another production from the US Food Network that FC Can. was picking up. Surprise! At the end of the credits it gives the Royal Bank as a financer and (ready for this?) the Governments of Canada and Ontario as financial contributors via tax credits (big, can't miss logos)! In other words Canadian taxpayers dollars are helping Americans succeed in business. How is this allowed to happen? Shouldn't our own entrepeneurs come first?

This isn't the first time this has happened. HGTV Can.'s Property Virgins also went to the states with help from Canadian government tax credit funds a few years ago. Nice to know we were helping Americans to find their first home (NOT).

·
Registered
662 Posts
CanAm ... Shaw Media and Scripps Networks Interactive are pals

Shaw Media and Scripps Networks Interactive (an American company that owns Travel Channel, Food Network, HGTV, DIY Network, Cooking Channel and Great American Country) have a nice partnership going ... which is how Shaw pulled a fast one on the CTRC by sneaking in the Canadian Travel Channel disguised as DTOUR. Suck on that, Travel+Escape Channel.

Giving You the Business is also a Canadian production (but filmed in the US) that aired on both Food Network Canada and the American Food Network. Most of the featured companies were American, although one company, Freshii, is a Canadian company with Canadian and American (etc.) locations and was founded by a Canadian who opened the very first Freshii store in Toronto.

Plus, although the final 2 episodes of Giving You the Business were shown in the full 60-minute format on Food Network Canada, the American Food Network aired shortened 30-minute edited versions of the final 2 episodes, most likely due to poor ratings of the previous episodes.

Extreme Collectors on Shaw's Slice channel is also Canadian made and features a Toronto-based dealer/appraiser/collector, but only filmed two episodes in Toronto, while the other 12 episodes were filmed in America.

Extreme Collectors was produced by Toronto-based Architect Films (Deck Wars) in association with Slice.

Canadian (reality-tv) productions often contain a majority of US locations, making sales to the Americans much easier ... especially when your partner in "crime" happens to be an American company.

----------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scripps_Networks_Interactive

Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc. is an American media company formed on July 1, 2008.

In addition to HGTV, its lifestyle media brands include Food Network, DIY Network, Cooking Channel, Travel Channel and Great American Country (GAC).
--------------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_Network_(Canada)

Food Network is a Canadian English language Category A specialty channel with programming related to food, cooking, cuisine, and the food industry. Food Network is a joint venture between Shaw Media, Corus Entertainment, and Scripps Networks Interactive.

Before the launch of Food Network Canada, the American service, Food Network was available in Canada since 1997. Food Network became one of the more popular foreign cable channels available in Canada, which prompted the creation of a Canadian version of the American service, which would then be able to access ad revenue through commercials under Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) regulations.

The licence for Food Network Canada was approved by the CRTC in early 2000. The channel was launched in October of that year; on the day of the launch, the American service was removed from the list of foreign channels eligible to be broadcast in Canada.

·
Super Moderator
16,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Showcase has just announced that they will be moving the season four premiere of Haven to Friday, November 8 at 9 PM ET.

The show repeats Saturdays @ 6 AM and 7 PM ET.

Press Release.

·
Super Moderator
16,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
History Channel cancels Canadian Pickers

This December, HISTORY concludes the final season of Canadian Pickers with four new episodes, and a special all-day marathon leading into the final two episodes of the series.

The first of the final episodes air on December 2 and 16 at 8pm ET/PT, and on December 23, an all-day Canadian Pickers marathon leads into the final two episodes of the series at 8pm and 9pm ET/PT.

Press Release.

·
Super Moderator
16,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Lifetime’s Winter Schedule

Based on V.C. Andrews’ controversial book that quickly became a cult classic, the Lifetime Original Movie Flowers in the Attic premieres on Saturday, January 18, 2014 at 8pm ET. Starring Heather Graham (Drugstore Cowboy), Academy Award®, Golden Globe® and Emmy® Award-winner Ellen Burstyn (Political Animals) and Kiernan Shipka (Mad Men), Flowers in the Attic is the gothic tale of four siblings who are locked away to live in an attic after a family tragedy suddenly removes them from their perfect childhood.

Premiering on Saturday, January 25 at 8pm ET, Lizzie Borden Took an Ax is inspired by the true case of an unmarried 32-year old church-going woman who was accused of ax-murdering her mother and father. Golden Globe® and Emmy® Award nominee Christina Ricci stars at Lizzie Borden, whose infamous murder case was the first American “trial by media,” with her guilt presumed by the press, and her innocence a cause célèbre for many others. The Lifetime Original Movie also stars Golden Globe® Nominee Billy Campbell (The Killing) and Screen Actors Guild Award® winner Clea DuVall (Argo).

January 1 with a one-hour Dance Moms special airing at 8pm ET and the premiere of Dance Moms season four at 9pm ET. At 10pm ET, the brand new series Kim of Queens, premieres. Dance Moms and Kim of Queens move to their regular timeslots the following week, with Dance Moms airing Tuesdays at 9pm ET and Kim of Queens airing Tuesdays at 10pm ET.

Press Release.

·
Super Moderator
16,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
New season of Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off premiering Monday, January 6 at 9pm ET/6pm PT on Food Network Canada. The third season consists of six, hour-long episodes.

Press Release.

·
Super Moderator
16,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Season 2 of Vikings on History Channel

The epic tale continues in 10 all-new episodes of Vikings, premiering Thursday, February 27 at 10p.m. ET/PT on HISTORY.

press release.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts