·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No longer available for me, was there yesterday. :confused:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yeah, the link to it is gone from my secure.shaw page as well...

Mine never worked anyways, but the link to it was there before.

Maybe they are 'upgrading' it in anticipation of implementing UBB?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've been using it and it's not disappeared for me...I run the Shaw one (speedtest.shaw.ca) and the one from the speedtest.net site.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Same here

Since the UBB controversy started a few months ago, I have been checking my usage daily using the tool on the Shaw Customer Centre site. As others have reported, when I tried to check the usage this morning, the link to the tool is gone.

Maybe they will fix it so it reports what you have used up to today, rather than what you used up to two days ago...

·
Premium Member
3,737 Posts
Shaw has been known to take the meter off line overnight; perhaps they're doing some tweaking over the long weekend?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been using it and it's not disappeared for me...I run the Shaw one (speedtest.shaw.ca) and the one from the speedtest.net site.
That checks internet speed, we're discussing the internet usage meter - a different measure.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah, it vanished seemingly synchronized with Shaw's speed upgrade. However, Shaw's site has no updates as of yet on UBB implementation. I'll poll the team on Twitter.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Or did it vanish seemingly synchronized with the revelation that Shaw will implement UBB because that is what their customers want and it will be good for us?

They will have to make sure the bandwidth usage information is correct now and from many comments posted here the present system may not be good enough.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Shaw's twitter support (@Shawhelp) is saying the following about usage graphs:

"We are currently working to get this restored. It should be available soon. - L81"

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Back up for me now.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mines down since i can't see what i use, wonder if i can DL 500GB before May 1 rolls in..May as well get something for free before we end up paying.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Shaw Data Usage Info no longer there

Hi,

I logged into Shaw Customer Center this morning and to my surprise the link to the Data Usage chart isn't there any more. I logged out and back in a couple of times and one time I saw the link. Other than that though I can't click it anymore. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Shaw Internet Usage Meter Incorrect

I have a router with dd-wrt that can keep track of your data usage. According to it, I've used about 139GB for the (billing) month, while Shaw's Internet Usage meter is showing me as having used 234GB as of yesterday.

Does anyone else have the ability to track their data usage and have you compared it to Shaw's meter?

Is there any possible reason that could explain this discrepancy?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts