Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
A nice and friendly customer definitely helps get those above and beyond extras done. If they are snarley fromt he get go, then not so much

·
Registered
789 Posts
This seems to be an old thread, but i have question about this issue. Shaw sold me a very good cable and phone deal. I was prepared to switch from Telus to Shaw. However, when it came time to install, the intaller wanted to run coax to my TV. I told him that I have perfectly good cat5 running through the house and I was not about to let him drill holes through custom cabinets to get the TV deal. I was informed that the whole house PVR needed a coax. Can someone please confirm if this is still the case. I read in this thread from about 3 years ago that a new code release for these boxes would enable use of Cat5.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Yes, I am still trying to get an answer from the Competition Bureau on my complaint about the failure to deliver on all of those promises.

I don't believe the current iteration of the Gateway system will ever utilize network cabling but there is a chance the next version will. That, of course, is yet to be seen and we all know Shaw is terrible at keeping their promises.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I wonder what the reasoning is for not allowing ethernet connections. I know it works just fine. I guess that explains why you guys can't use the media streamers either.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts