Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
So here's a question, because it's too much of a pain to just test it myself: have they fixed it so when I remove channels from the guide that I don't get, I don't have to go around and do it on EVERY portal?

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
So here's a question, because it's too much of a pain to just test it myself: have they fixed it so when I remove channels from the guide that I don't get, I don't have to go around and do it on EVERY portal?
I still don't have the update, but right off the bat, that's probably too useful a feature to think it would have been added :p

·
Registered
630 Posts
Guide painfully slow here as well. I guess I'd say 1 step foreward 2 steps back. When will they actually give us something useful like DLNA or remote scheduling . Personally there is nothing in this upgrade that does anything for me. All fluff no substance.

·
Registered
750 Posts
@Hairball

In case you (or others) don't read that Shaw forums, Mark said the slow guide issue should hopefully get fixed when the second half (modem part) of the update comes out. It's scheduled from the 20th to the 28th.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Love that I can cancel and delete a current recording show (end of late night talk shows) while they're still recording in two clear pushes.

(was getting a small delay when skipping ahead, but reboot BOTH gateway and portals and that seems to have fixed it)

·
Registered
25 Posts
My bad.. I missed the 'SD' in your original post. Mine shows the same on the SD channel. Do people with Gateways even go there? Shaw prolly figures it doesn't matter. :)

Ron.
The logo is fixed!!
Either one helluvah coincidence...or kudos to SHAW lurker guy (or gal...)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does anyone else have a slight delay when skipping ahead now after this upgrade? I thought I had fixed it with a reboot, but I keep skipping too far ahead because there's a small delay when continuously skipping ahead now.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Oh yes, skipping forward and back is delayed and quite annoying.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Something is wrong with the update, if that is the case. That never got affected with the update that we received.:confused:

As for the guide issues, I'm experiencing the "half-loaded" guide lots of the time, sometimes it refills a second later, sometimes a few seconds. I've even had it be blank, just the column with the channels, the times across the top and nothing else for a few seconds.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Did they not perform any regression testing on this update? The guide is appalling right now. Hopefully the modem update sorts the issue out as they suggest it should.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Looks like my modem software is updated. Firmware Version #7.14.57 . Guide definitely better. I no longer get blank lines. Guide is now responding normally as expected.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I asked (or tried to) on the Shaw community forums when the Remote App would be made publicly available now that the firmware updates are done. Comment allowed but moved to new thread, then content rejected. I really don't understand why Shaw will not give an estimated date. Leads me to believe the next excuse will be coming soon from Shaw. Just brings me one step closer to cancelling cable and selling the gateway.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
The answer is actually; Sooner than you think.

·
Registered
756 Posts
It can't be sooner than I think - I thought it was going to be out in Nov 2013 as advertised ! But seriously - hopefully soon. Just really bad communication again - from a communications company.

41 - 60 of 99 Posts