Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Shaw's Twitter, and they just recently tweeted about the Fireplace on Shaw:
The #shawfireplace is back! it's free on The Frame starting Nov 29th. also for 99 cents on PPV #ShawVOD. all proceeds goto charity! #shaw

·
Registered
125 Posts
In a previous thread a user says that there's a free option, but I couldn't find it...

anyways, on point, this is a rip off honestly. Charity or not, how about 99c for the entire time, and even that is a stretch.

I will not watch this channel even once, I'll just put my donation in a salvation army thing.

·
Registered
261 Posts
You pay Shaw one dollar for the log channel. Shaw matches and sends 2 dollars to charity. Shaw gets tax receipt. Net to Shaw zero You -1 Canadian govt -1. Cancel your Shaw out of principle Yes it's about the money.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
The Frame changes to "Yule Log" for the holidays

The programming on The Frame (channel 165 and 212) will change effective today to the "Yule Log". After feedback from the recent events regarding the popular burning log program Shaw has arranged to have the "Yule Log" play free of charge til the new Year.

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
After I saw the stories on CBC and Winnipeg Free Press today I knew Shaw would back down. Glad to see the channel is back and live and free. :)

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
Did not take Shaw long to update its website

·
Registered
382 Posts
The programming on The Frame (channel 165 and 212) will change effective today to the "Yule Log". After feedback from the recent events regarding the popular burning log program Shaw has arranged to have the "Yule Log" play free of charge til the new Year.
Thank you, thank you Shaw for being so generous at this time of year. :p

·
Registered
169 Posts
I wonder what the point of The Frame channel is then if it can be relegated to the Yule Log for a month. Is there any other channel that could be suspended for a month without a subscribers' revolt?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Could it not have been added to an unused SD and HD channel and have left The Frame untouched?
I doubt there is channel space available. Probably why it is offered up full time on Shaw TV (which has to be carried and gives the staff time off from airing on 24-25th), and on and the Frame. I am surprised that it is a dedicated 100% swap out for the frame.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Paying to watch the log

Hmm. I really don't know how Shaw came up with the idea that Shaw subscribers are that careless with their money that they would actual pay to watch the "Yule Log"?

·
Registered
272 Posts
and? Just b/c you slap a 'proceeds go to charity' people are supposed to do it?

We have local charities I give to on a regular basis.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts