Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

381 - 400 of 549 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
I don't have any French channels personally other than the few standard ones, so I don't know from that position. But to me it seems ridiculous that you can't pick both! You should go to to Customer Relations. That package costs a lot. You should be able to choose a few French channels. Or maybe they can give you some kind of discount so that your can get your extra French package again and it won't cost more.

I don't know about the discounts, but if any department can do it, it would be Customer Relations.

·
Registered
38 Posts
TheHans said:
I don't have any French channels personally other than the few standard ones, so I don't know from that position. But to me it seems ridiculous that you can't pick both! You should go to to Customer Relations. That package costs a lot. You should be able to choose a few French channels. Or maybe they can give you some kind of discount so that your can get your extra French package again and it won't cost more.

I don't know about the discounts, but if any department can do it, it would be Customer Relations.
The reason they gave me back then is because they didnt have enough french customers and they would be losing money if they give this option on the english packages.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Well, maybe it's not an option, but they can be creative. Like give you a credit for the value of that French add-on package.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Finally got my notice in the invoice today... $5.00 price increase.

I would have ditched sat long time ago and just stream whatever, but the wife wants to continue to watch her reality tv shows so I am stuck for now but the boiling point has been reached. Shaw does not offer anything worth the $140.00/month imo.

·
Registered
438 Posts
You are paying too much. Why don't you drop down to the smaller packages. I pay $ 65.00 for 15 channels including time shift for both can & us shows and the sports (TSN,Sports Net).

·
Registered
13 Posts
You are paying too much. Why don't you drop down to the smaller packages. I pay $ 65.00 for 15 channels including time shift for both can & us shows and the sports (TSN,Sports Net).
My fee is way to high. 125.00 after taxes is insane. The package you mentioned is listed on SD site as 72.00.

You said this includes time shift for both USA and CAN? Like I would get ABC east and west, Fox, etc? I can't seem to find out that info on their website.

It seems that I would be able to get almost all of the channels this household watches anyway. The only issue would be HBO. It's not listed at all. Not a problem for me but for others in this house. If I could add that somehow I think this could work for me.

·
Registered
551 Posts
My fee is way to high. 125.00 after taxes is insane. The package you mentioned is listed on SD site as 72.00.

You said this includes time shift for both USA and CAN? Like I would get ABC east and west, Fox, etc? I can't seem to find out that info on their website.
The Small and Extra-Small packages do NOT include time shifting. That's like $7.99 per month if I'm not mistaken. You might be able to get them to discount it for six months. They don't advertise that anymore, but they still do it. Then add that Crave/HBO thingie for $20 like @57 mentioned. That's still (theoretically) $100 per month. Not cheap either, although the multi-reciever fee is included, if that's applicable for you.

You could take it down another $10 if you went with Extra-Small as opposed to Small. But you'd only get five extra channel choices. FWIW -- we went down to Extra-Small and I thought I'd miss some channels, but I don't. As long as I have the time shifting and sports, I'm happy. :)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Finally got my notice in the invoice today... $5.00 price increase.

I would have ditched sat long time ago and just stream whatever, but the wife wants to continue to watch her reality tv shows so I am stuck for now but the boiling point has been reached. Shaw does not offer anything worth the $140.00/month imo.
You could try going with the Extra-Small package at $62 and add reality channels as the five channels you get included. And there's no multi-receiver fee. Even if your wife still wants more channels, one of those Theme Packs or Pick-and-Pay channels would still be cheaper for you I think.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
agreed - the web site is an absolute disaster. it’s really meant to confuse people - there’s really no other reasonable explanation. The only way I made sense was by printing out sections and making notes. Even then, it’s a fail...

·
Registered
554 Posts
Already Subscribed, but ... Not Subscribed ???

For many years I have subscribed for the US Nets East and West. Today I online chatted with Shaw Direct. I want to switch from Spokane to Seattle or at least try it out.

I have learned to be careful so I asked if it would change by monthly bill to switch. I was told that I do not subscribe to the timeshift bundle: it would cost me an additional 8$ (not $8) to subscribe to the timeshift bundle.

No thanks, I said.

I am confused or they are confused or are we both confused????

·
Registered
551 Posts
I think if you're confused, the fault's with them.

As I understand it (because this timeshift bundle was a MAJOR point for me when I was trying to reduce my rate a few months prior), depending on your package, the timeshift bundle could cost up to $8 extra. Maybe with your package, the U.S. networks were included in a grandfathered way? I don't know. But the timeshift is more than just the U.S. networks and maybe if you change location for the U.S. networks, they make it an all or nothing.

On the good side, there is a deal where they will give you six months of the timeshift package at 99 cents per month: https://myfriend.shawdirect.ca/english/offers/details/timeshift.asp

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
least expensive programming package which includes reveiver warranty

Now that Shaw has changed all the packages many times since my grandfathered Titanium package took root, what is the current, LEAST EXPENSIVE Shaw Direct package which includes the multiple receiver warranty? In the old days, the lower packages didn't include the warranty.

381 - 400 of 549 Posts