Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

261 - 280 of 549 Posts

·
Registered
4,200 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
With all the talk of channels, I am surprised that no one has made mention of the new banner appearing on channel 89 and others talking about 26 new HD channels coming this year. The first one has already appeared on channel 97, CP 24 news (HD)

·
Registered
64 Posts
They were mentioned a few pages back. Also there was CBC Ottawa HD and Fight Network HD added the same time as CP24 HD, so three of them have been added. There are also plans for a few French and couple English ones I know of, but not sure on the rest of them.

·
Super Moderator
16,403 Posts
I noticed that Shaw Direct recently reduced the price of the Super Channel package to $10/month. They are joining Rogers, Telus and many smaller providers in making this permanent change (this isn't a temporary promo.) Note that Shaw Cable still charges $18/month.

·
Super Moderator
16,403 Posts
I noticed Shaw Direct was on this list of $10 providers today, but it wasn't there last time I checked on Feb. 15. I don't know when Shaw Direct actually made the change, so if someone paid $14 last month, the change may have been prorated for a price change in the middle of a billing cycle.
Source: 10 Dollar | Super Channel

Here is Shaw Direct's page that confirms the $10 price:
Shaw Direct

The funny thing is that when I just clicked "Learn more," it shows the old price of $19.99/month.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Digital Advantage Lineup

Just curious if someone can post or PM me the digital advantage lineup. I find SD's website doesnt show all channels. For instance is GameTv, Gusto, WSBK KTLA. WPIX included? They are in Western Life but nkt listed online.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I see from Shaw Direct's website that the Superstations (KTLA, WGN, etc.) seem to be priced at $3.00 each. Is there a bundle price for all four?

Also, does anyone know if they have an old package of Superstations, once you delete it, is it obsolete (can't be had any more for your old price)?

·
Registered
849 Posts
I pay $1.99 for a Superstations Package that includes all of those CW stations as well as KTLA I think. I don't know if it is still available at that price.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I just got my bill for November and it says my services are going up $4.01 on December 1! Didn't Shaw Direct just have a rate increase a couple of months ago? Maybe I'm mistaken about that...it's crazy regardless. It seems like a lot for Digital Advantage.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the Digital Advantage pack and the invoice I just received shows an increase on Dec 1 by $3.00. This is after the increase of $4.00 that took effect Jan 1, 2017.

A $7/mo increase in the span of 11 months is excessive - even for Shaw Direct.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have the Digital Advantage pack and the invoice I just received shows an increase on Dec 1 by $3.00.
I wonder why my Digital Advantage is going up $1.01 more than yours? Perplexing...

Since the increase probably has something to do with all the new HD channels they've been adding, I just wish I cared about any of them LOL.

·
Super Moderator
16,403 Posts
@TheHans Do you have any other theme packs or additional channels?

@mastercontrol The other way to look at it is they scheduled the annual ~5% price increase a month early. ;)

Satellite TV Rate Changes – Starting December 1, 2017
Over the past year, we have enhanced our customers’ viewing experience by making investments in the latest technology and providing better picture quality with 32 more HD channels.

We regularly review our pricing and packaging, and from time to time we adjust our rates to help pay for the quality programming our customers have come to expect from us.

Starting December 1, 2017, rates are changing on select satellite TV plans. Customers will receive advance notification of their rate change through their monthly invoice. Customers on a contracted rate or introductory pricing will not be charged the new rates until their contract or introductory offer ends.
It looks like they they will be grandfathering Digital Advantage, since it's no longer on their web site. Here are the current plans:

Small TV - Includes up to 74 base channels** plus 15 additional channels of your choice
$69.00/MO regular rate

Medium TV - Includes up to 162 base channels** plus 30 additional channels of your choice
$86.00/MO regular rate

Large TV - Includes up to 162 base channels** plus 80 additional channels
$111.00/MO regular rate

Extra Small TV - Includes up to 74 base channels** plus 5 additional channels of your choice
$59.00/MO regular rate

Limited TV - Includes up to 56 base channels.**
Multi-Receiver Fee extra
$25.00/MO

261 - 280 of 549 Posts