Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

241 - 260 of 549 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just order the timeshift and report back. You will get the Detroit US networks as you live in BC. I have it and my bill says exactly Timeshift Bundle Detroit 6.00.

·
Registered
141 Posts
When did you sign up for your current package? Shaw Direct has a tenancy to do one of two things:

A) Grandfather certain packages. So if you they change what a package includes, existing subscribers get to keep the old package, but other people can't switch to them anymore.
B) CSR's not knowing what the packages actually include.

I'm not sure if this falls situation falls into option A or B.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Less than 2 months ago. I used to have both the US Networks and Timeshift. I said remove the US Networks and there was no issue and he waited on the phone as I confirmed that I would still get the Detroit feeds. Which I do get. I would tell them you want the Timeshift Bundle Detroit. Be specific.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I've been poking around the Shaw Direct website trying to optimize my channels. I can't find on the website how to display what I have now. My invoice says I have Digital Favourites which if I recall correctly was a base package with some option groups. I'm paying $81 + multi-receiver fee.

I'd like to swap out the kids channels for science channels but duh I can't figure out how to do that.

Do I have to start over from scratch?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think you have to start from scratch. I believe the Digital Favourites package was the base pack plus most of the specialty channels *before* the last huge launch of new channels (I think that was 2001). I think this package was introduced when the old Bronze, Silver, Gold, etc packages were eliminated.

You couldn't (and still can't) pick and choose channel packs within Digital Favourites. You can add channels on top of it, but anything within Digital Favourites is pretty much set in stone.

What we did recently is go through and make a list of the channels we watch most often. Then we played around with the package builder on the Shaw Direct website to find the cheapest way to get those channels.

Sometimes it's cheaper to get the channels in a $6 pack. But if you only want one channel in that pack, it may better to get it individually (I think it $3 or $5 for most individual channels)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Shaw Direct Website - No individual Subscribed Channels Listed

Every so often I will consult the Shaw Direct website. It is aggravating that I can't view a list of my currently subscribed channels - each channel listed.

... I can't find on the website how to display what I have now

·
Registered
305 Posts
Digital Lite (LTSS)

Good morning,
I just switched my LTSS account to a special $14.99 Digital Lite account. However, the channel lineup doesn't match the lineup on the website. Has anyone else out there done this conversion, and if so would you like to discuss channel availability? Most subscribed channels come up highlighted in my channel guide, however there are a few that we do receive that are not highlighted.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Dr. Dave - no those channels are specified by the 'Free Preview' notation in the logo, or the orange shading on the guide.
So far I've encountered CTV Two Alberta, Nat Geo Wild HD and TSC - all shaded as unsubscribed, but I do receive them.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Also try 393 (classic) BC Provincial Legislature, which is also unencrypted, and plays background music when the legislature is not in session.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Ok, so did a little digging tonight found the following channels potentially unencrypted:
024 - City Saskatchewan HD
046 - City Montreal HD
351 - CTV Two Alberta
092 - Nat Geo Wild HD
393 - BC Legislature
The many Shopping Channels...

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Info is U, which I think means it needs to be active on an account, or something close to that. CTV2 Alberta, Knowledge, and TSC are ZK, which work on previously active receivers.

TVO is full subscription.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Pick & Pay

Anyone have any info on when this will be ready to be fully initiated? Also where can it be found on the Shaw website?? I have looked and cannot locate where it will be?

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Pick and pay is here already. All providers are doing it differently. So far in my opinion Shaw Direct has the best pick and pay choice but there are additional charges for US networks and for multiple receivers. Bell is the worst one but Bell offers some discounts to customers who complain.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Anyone have any info on when this will be ready to be fully initiated? Also where can it be found on the Shaw website?? I have looked and cannot locate where it will be?

I have the pick and Pay plan with Shaw , I think my options were good and yes far cheaper than Bell, look at the bottom of the packages, click on Packages - Tv Packages-Limited Tv

·
Super Moderator
16,403 Posts
@thundercraft I moved your post to this thread. There are 2 ways you can add individual channels:
1) add 10, 30 or 45 channels as part of the Limited TV "skinny basic"
2) add single channels to any package.
a) pick a package on the website
b) go to "Step 2 - Add more channels"
c) chose one of the "Channel Categories"
d) click on "Individual Channels" at the top of that section.

There may also be a way to do it if you log in to your account, but I'm not a customer, so I don't know.

241 - 260 of 549 Posts