Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In order to de-clutter the Channel Discussion threads from previous years, only post here if a new channel announcement or old channel deletion has been:

1. Posted on the Shaw's website, Facebook page or Twitter feed or on their forums.
2. Been announced through a Press release.
3. Shows up on the dial.
4. Or if a statement is issued on your cable bill.

All commenting and discussions need to be made in the Shaw Direct Channel Discussion Thread:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/11-shaw-direct-formerly-star-choice/227266-shaw-direct-channel-discussion-thread.html

Not following the rules will result in your post being deleted... not moved.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Shaw Direct broadcasts CBC Newsworld in HD now

This just showed up in last couple of days on my father's receiver, cannot find any announcement about it at Shaw.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
http://www.shawdirect.ca/english/whats-on/news-and-free-previews/

New Channels

AMI-Télé
Accessible Media Inc. (AMI) makes television accessible to viewers with vision and hearing impairments, with all programming featuring Open Described Video and Closed Captioning services.

Channels 889/889 (Classic/Advanced)
Available in All packages

CBC News Network HD
CBC News Network is Canada's number one news network anchored by leading Canadian journalists. It is the destination for breaking news, live event coverage, in-depth news and current affairs programming—24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Channels 096/596 (Classic/Advanced)
Available in HD No Extra Cost (Included in all English and French programming packages)

ICI RDI HD
ICI RDI is North America's leading French-language all-news network, providing 24-hour coverage of breaking news and live reports from the scene of major events.

Channels 219/394 (Classic/Advanced)
Available in HD No Extra Cost (Included in all English and French programming packages)

·
Registered
194 Posts
BeIN Sports HD now on 618 (Advanced). Currently in Free Preview.

Edit: Some occasional glitching occurring. Guide not completely correct, although this could be at the fault of the broadcaster rather than Shaw Direct, as they are currently covering a live event. The channel's website is correct.

·
Super Moderator
16,590 Posts
beIN SPORTS Official Press Release

beIN SPORTS, the international sports network, is pleased to announce a distribution partnership with Shaw Direct in Canada, making beIN SPORTS available to Satellite TV customers on Channel 118 (Classic) and 618 (Advanced).

A free preview of beIN SPORTS is currently available to Shaw Direct customers until March 15.

beIN sports will now be available to all Shaw Direct customers across Canada with compatible equipment and with 3rd satellite access.

Full Press Release

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
WWE Network now up!!

The WWE Network is now up on channel 117-Classic or 617-Advanced. (HD only)

Wrestlemania is less than 2 weeks away folks!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Action HD now on 636 (Advanced). Interestingly, at the time of writing (22:55 AT), the SD / HD link has not been set-up and so the 'Watch in HD' banner doesn't show on either SD channel.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Oct. 28th... 4 new channels added...

TV5 HD on channel 414-advanced, ??-classic
ici artv HD on channel 421-advanced, ??-classic

Cartoon Network HD on channel 577-advanced, 077-classic

and a 4th channel which I cannot find. According to my status screen my channel count went from 759 yesterday to 763 today so maybe they added another barker channel or PPV channel.

·
Registered
27 Posts
After cleaning the snow off the dish this morning [only had to do this twice in 18 yrs.] I discovered 2 new channels. We finally got CTV NN HD on 094 and E! HD on 088.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts