Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Why don't they just build the app right into their line of set-top boxes with a simple ethernet connection to your router, that would make more sense. You could watch it on your tv seamlessly.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Why don't they just build the app right into their line of set-top boxes with a simple ethernet connection to your router, that would make more sense. You could watch it on your tv seamlessly.
Ok Humbar, you're new here. If you want to fit in i suggest you stop making sense this minute! :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
No HD? Not for this subscriber.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Wow, that's some of the worst selection I have ever seen. No HD and nothing at all compelling. Most of the categories are blank. If this WAS available through my 605/630, I wouldn't waste the time to install another ethernet cable.

Somehow, though, somehow, I expect I am paying for this service.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I checked out the site last night with low expectations but they didn't even meet that.

I thought if you had VOD with the cable companies it was free or similar to a Netflix structure? Everything seems to have a fee per viewing attached on the SD site, much like PS3 or Apple TV. Oh, if they get the eastern TMN part up and running it looks like we could watch some things for free with our subscription to that. Not really impressive to me at all. Not to mention it can only be viewed on the computer.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
I don't think you are paying much more for that.

The receivers could do VOD from the net (Bell does that), but they would have to write software for it, and test it and all that. You know how that turns out.

Give it time and the lineup should improve.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Got the email and was able to log in with no problem. As a TMN subscriber, I`m supposed to be able to access a bunch of TMN shows for free.

It allows me to order, shows the price as $0.00 (so far so good) but when I click ``complete order`` it tells me there`s an error. I tried a few shows and movies. No luck.

I`m going to chalk it up to early teething problems, but so far ... fail.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
It allows me to order, shows the price as $0.00 (so far so good) but when I click ``complete order`` it tells me there`s an error. I tried a few shows and movies. No luck.

I`m going to chalk it up to early teething problems, but so far ... fail.
Same here, I get the error message as well.

·
Registered
301 Posts
As a TMN subscriber, I`m supposed to be able to access a bunch of TMN shows for free.
Hi TQ345,

TMN content isn't available online, yet. From the press release:

...are also featured for Movie Central subscribers with Shaw Direct Online VOD. The Movie Network (TMN) subscribers can soon look forward to having the same exceptional content available to them through the Shaw Direct Online VOD library.
Outside of the pay and "subscription" selections, there's free content available too - a bunch of kid's shows and some cooking, home reno, and reality type programming.

The neat thing with Online VOD is that the content library is always expanding. So if you don't see anything you like right now, check back in a week or two.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I was excited, because I was thinking that once and for all I'd get to see more than Season 1 of "Deadwood" via VOD. But "Deadwood" isn't even there. It seems no matter what programming I have, if "Deadwood" is on it's always only Season 1 -- like currently on HBO Canada. I was so hopeful...

The Hans

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
port it to my iPhone.... then we're talking.....

I sling to my laptop or iPhone now from my PVR.....

P

1 - 20 of 42 Posts