Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1861 - 1877 of 1877 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
JasperJoe I guess it could have been a weather problem if all the Global stations use the same dish to send their stuff to Shaw. But probably what K8 said is what happened.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Shaw Direct Credit Checks

I’ve been a Shaw Direct customer for a good number of years but my account has been closed and I want to reactivate the account, but I was told they now do credit checks - I live in the southern provinces - is there anything I can do to avoid that - I’m worried that I may not be able to get my service back... any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
554 Posts
I don't understand why Shaw Direct would do a credit check if the potential subscriber is offering to pay with automatic credit card charges. They may want to verify that the credit card number provided is valid, but that should be all. This especially if you reference your old account number.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 600 receiver mapped for all three satellites but I still have the old two sat LNB.
I understand with the current setup I won't see G1 channels but it also won't allow me to see any channels on F1..
It gives me zeros on all F1 channels.
Is that by design?
Everything on F2 is fine.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
If you have the LNB map for the 3 satellites then you don't have the right map for the two sat LNB. They are mismatched. You probably aren't getting all the F2 signals either.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Your F2 will work fine because the F2 signal from the old LNB's is the exact same . There are only a few channels left on F1 now , and they are being moved to either G1 or F2 by then end of summer 2020. Press Options + 1 1 2 2 and change the Map Selection to Q4A , and you F1 channels will work until the next time your receiver received a hit from Shaw.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Hi somebody just said on the Shaw channels thread that APTN is on 264 and 265. I think 265 is on G1 but 264 must be on an F sat b'cuz we can get it. So any body in the "south" who wanted APTN can see it again now.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Hi somebody just said on the Shaw channels thread that APTN is on 264 and 265. I think 265 is on G1 but 264 must be on an F sat b'cuz we can get it. So any body in the "south" who wanted APTN can see it again now.
Thanks, Bayguy. Now, if NTV Newfoundland gets returned to a F-sat, the world will be perfect.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Channels cannot just quietly move over. The channel placements are and locations are set by Shaw Broadcast for cable headends. There would be advance notice online at Shaw Broadcast. There have been no such notifications.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Could you explain, Mellaby, why you won't be getting any more simsubs out of Calgary just because it has changed satellites.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Could you explain, Mellaby, why you won't be getting any more simsubs out of Calgary just because it has changed satellites.
Because the channels are now available on F1 which I can see from Mesa AZ. When I would try to watch channel from another City SD would switch to the Calgary feed on G1.

1861 - 1877 of 1877 Posts