Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1821 - 1840 of 1877 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
With all the channel changes going on it's not even worth looking at channel #'s or times. I've come to the point now I just record everything no matter when it airs and play it back when I want.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I started the service. Contacted them and got it up. Concerned about a bill as I don't know acct number so called...35-45 minute wait...uh no. So I live chatted. Waited for 10 minutes for a response and read at the top that I should feel free to drop in on the chat whenever, the agents may take up to 10 minutes to respond to each of my messages. Live chat!!!!
What is wrong with this world!!?
You are now supposed to respond or ask and then go off and do your thing for 10 minutes before checking. What's live chat about that?��

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
gzink it is like that with every body's "live" chat. I even got one to admit once that they are having multiple chats at once. It's VERY slow!!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I was on phone hold for 70 minutes the other day with no answer. So I decided to try the chat while still holding the phone. Chat agent appeared after only about 5 minutes so I figured "This is Great"! I asked my question and got a totally unrelated answer because the agent answered someone else's chat question. He recognized the error and apologized. I finally did get my answer after several minutes. Turned out be be "Grate" instead of "Great".

Can't wait for Artificial Intelligence to take over our world and then really screw it up. Brain surgery anyone?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I went on the chat and told the rep to change it back to maps 4378, she said that # means nothing, (not true) but she did load 4378 back and now my channels are back. what concerns me is why would they of switched the maps to 4377? Does it do it automatically if its not getting a reading from satellite G1.... I hope not. Now just have to wait and see if it goes back to 4377 on its own.

·
Registered
208 Posts
After the guide change, I get all the F2 channels I'm subscribed to. I'm not getting any of the channels I think I subscribe to on the F1R. I say I think because I don't really watch any of them ever. I'm pretty sure they don't show up because I still haven't upgraded to an F1X LNB for that satellite. Definitely not worth a trip on the roof at this time.

The one scare I had was when I turned on the TV the morning of the update, I had a "LOST RECEPTION" or whatever message on my favorite channel. But all I had to do was change the channel back and forth and all was good. So panic didn't last long :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
LONsat, you are totally right. I do get the f1R channels as well. I had to dig but I found one I'm subscribed too.

BTW stephimoe, sometime last week I received a blast email from Shaw, the French edition. The email was to advertise that on Nov22 they were upgrading everyone to the new channel map. They even had the date in bold letters. Then 2 days later, before the 22nd, the same email except for this time they had removed the Nov 22 date. I guess they pushed it by a few days because nothing happened on the 22nd but a few days later I was converted.

·
Registered
215 Posts
What is the correct channel map number for the new XKU LNB?

I am showing: X4A (4323) and Q4A (4322)

All channels are coming in for us.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
First big storm of season and I just realized we don't get any SD channels any more so when there isn't enough signal for HD we lose the TV. :-( I think there are a couple of SD channels maybe still but they're on G1. :-(

·
Registered
334 Posts
Is there any way to know in advance if a F1R or F2 program is going to be simsubed to a G1 channel?

Barring that, other than watching the to see if the TV goes blank, is there a way to pick a F1R or F2 channel that isn't going to be simsubed?

I like to watch Seth Meyers but not necessarily stay up until 12:30am. Most of the CTV channels go dark for his show.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I've been asking that same question for about a month. It's a real crap shoot. All my City TV, American stations are simsub. I'm not sure about Global stations. I wished KB801809 would chime in here. All I know is there is a lot of stations (Canadian and American) that are simsub. The bad part is if your recording the PVR locks up during the recording and you can delete the failed (simsub) station(and there is no way this will ever be fixed by SD).. I think the only answer is to have your home location in a small town outside the simsub distance limits.

·
Registered
1 Posts
75cm dish replacement

I need to replace my 75cm dish as it blew over and broke the arm off. Has anyone in the USA used another brand of dish to attach the LNB that works with Shaw Direct. Some other website said the directv slimline or possibly international dish might work?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Is there any way to know in advance if a F1R or F2 program is going to be simsubed to a G1 channel?

Barring that, other than watching the to see if the TV goes blank, is there a way to pick a F1R or F2 channel that isn't going to be simsubed?

I like to watch Seth Meyers but not necessarily stay up until 12:30am. Most of the CTV channels go dark for his show.
We just spent time south. Through their error we seem to have been attached to someones Ontario account(3 hours out). We lived with it. I believe we recorded some stuff on east coast(NB?) channels. Anyway we did a lot of recording and had no failures like described. Just 2 programs glitched and not fully recorded.

·
Registered
438 Posts
gzink, JasperJoe, Now my problems are starting to manifest with other's down south. gzink your home location is probably set somewhere that has no main Canadian station. With my Calgary location all Canadian and American channels are simsubbed to Calgary. that's why I never get City TV down south. JasperJoe see my earlier post 1826.

1821 - 1840 of 1877 Posts