Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
2401 - 2404 of 2404 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
I just went through Bayguy's #388 post re:F2 channel list and it doesn't look too much different than when I left AZ in April. Therefore I plan on taking a 630 and 830 down in early November. I will look for updates on this site and I will post any furthur channels lost on F2 as we move toward the end of the year. Just hoping to get a full winter out of the present set up.
Unless you need 2 PVR's, I wouldn't bother taking down the 830. The 630 will bring in everything that the 830 can. I have one 630 in Mesa ready to turn on. Hopefully we'll get a few months out of it. I was going to replace my 630 but It looks like I'll have to return the 830 when I cancel in a few months.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Unless you need 2 PVR's, I wouldn't bother taking down the 830. The 630 will bring in everything that the 830 can. I have one 630 in Mesa ready to turn on. Hopefully we'll get a few months out of it. I was going to replace my 630 but It looks like I'll have to return the 830 when I cancel in a few months.
Gents,

My take is if you only plan to use one PVR, I'd take the 830 so you'd be protected to some degree if Shaw Direct pushes some of your channels to the HEVC (AKA H.265) codec that will be used on G1 and it will work on everything you can receive today. Of course this assumes you can get G1, which really depends on the size of your dish, and how far south you go. I doubt you'd get much in Arizona (see Telesat Anik G1 Satellite Coverage Map ) regardless of Dish size.

2401 - 2404 of 2404 Posts