Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
2221 - 2233 of 2233 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Out of curiosity, what city does Shaw think you're in based on your service address? It might make it easier to understand the simsubs.
We actually live in Montreal, same time zone as Toronto or Detroit. I can understand subs for the US CBS stations but what local market in Canada could be subbing for Toronto and Vancouver at the same time? As far as I know, this type of situation never happened in the past: the Toronto feed was always available to us.

Edit by 57 - Quote Syntax corrected.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
You can tell by some of the hidden status screens which channel is being simsubbed but you would need to compare the frequency it shows to another channel, presumably on G1.
Lonsat didn't you have a nice list of Shaw Direct channels with the G1 stations crossed out?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Lonsat didn't you have a nice list of Shaw Direct channels with the G1 stations crossed out?
I did but I don't think I updated it when they had to move some of the channels because of the transponder issue(s) on F2. lyngsat is up to date as to what is on F2. I should know I provided the information. Am I allowed to post a link to that site? - see link below

Lyngsat F2

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I did but I don't think I updated it when they had to move some of the channels because of the transponder issue(s) on F2. lyngsat is up to date as to what is on F2. I should know I provided the information. Am I allowed to post a link to that site? - see link below

Lyngsat F2
Thank you Lonsat its very nice of you to keep everyone updated.

BTW I thought we had lost more channels the other day but then they came back. We "live" near Toronto.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Dr. Dave - I'm afraid because of what SD is doing right now, it's not possible to know which channel is coming from what bird. Apart from the Global channels I reported on last week, even 133 (CTV Toronto) or 214 (CTV Vancouver) and both US CBS feeds (all on F2) were "Satellite Signal Lost" on Sunday afternoon for the Steelers-Buffalo Bills game. As soon as game was over, signal came back on.

Is there any way of knowing what feed is being sent to a specific channel by looking at System Status or other?
Sunday the 19th Buffalo at Miami - coming in loud and clear on Ch 133. Maybe it had something to do with Buffalo being a home game?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have printed the SD channel list and used the F2 link from Lyngsat to highlight what will be available to me, thank you. Pleasantly surprised at the number of channels still available so still worth it for snowbirds to keep Shaw Direct for the winter, was thinking if too many channels not available, then the account would go on vacation.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have printed the SD channel list and used the F2 link from Lyngsat to highlight what will be available to me, thank you. Pleasantly surprised at the number of channels still available so still worth it for snowbirds to keep Shaw Direct for the winter, was thinking if too many channels not available, then the account would go on vacation.
Yes it's worth keeping, as long as the French channels are not important to viewers. Otherwise it's a different story.
Although lately even English channels for example ch. 133 CTV Toronto or 214 CTV Vancouver have been mostly unavailable even though they are on F2.

2221 - 2233 of 2233 Posts