Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

2161 - 2170 of 2170 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Shaw is doing something else; I don't know what. I'm only focusing on one channel for this reply, because that's all I've really "checked". But every night at 11:44 Eastern time, ch. 240 NBC goes grom 82% signal to 0%. This is after the news on that channel and interestingly, immediately after the concluding commercials following the newscasts. Obviously, the "broken transponders" or whatever the excuse was from Shaw don't suddenly get exhausted at the same time every night.
Okay, I assume you mean 11:34pm, just before Jimmy Fallon starts, correct, as opposed to 11:44pm?
I recorded last night - two commercials played, then the peacock logo, then program start. No disruptions, at least visually. I don‘t believe the DSR630 records the signal info you’d see if watching live. But no change in picture quality thru two, post-newscast commercials into the show...
PS - I went ahead and watched from 11:43 to 11:46, no disruptions.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Shaw is doing something else; I don't know what. I'm only focusing on one channel for this reply, because that's all I've really "checked". But every night at 11:44 Eastern time, ch. 240 NBC goes grom 82% signal to 0%. This is after the news on that channel and interestingly, immediately after the concluding commercials following the newscasts. Obviously, the "broken transponders" or whatever the excuse was from Shaw don't suddenly get exhausted at the same time every night.
Sounds like it could be a simsub of Jimmy Fallon show. Easy way to verify would be to tune into channel 215 (CTV2 - Victoria)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I tried this a few nights in a row and never got any issues.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Sounds like it could be a simsub of Jimmy Fallon show. Easy way to verify would be to tune into channel 215 (CTV2 - Victoria)
That might not work if CTV2 Victoria is on at the same time as your station location. All last winter if a station was broadcasting the same time as my Calgary stations, they would be switch to my local station. Boy did that cause problems when those stations were on G1. If it were not for time shifting I would loose a lot of my programing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
French channels are back in Cancun, I’m seeing many French missing channels back is this permanent ? Wasn’t watch tv in many days until today

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
French channels are back in Cancun, I’m seeing many French missing channels back is this permanent ? Wasn’t watch tv in many days until today

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
What french channels are you talking about?? The most watched like TVA,ICI radio canada,LCN & RDI have all disappeared in Florida ????

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I bet when he dials up 215 it will say signal not found. It is on G1, so when the local news on 240 ends and they go to the network show its on CTV and it gets simsubbed with a channel we can't get south of Canada.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I bet when he dials up 215 it will say signal not found. It is on G1, so when the local news on 240 ends and they go to the network show its on CTV and it gets simsubbed with a channel we can't get south of Canada.
That's what happening, Bayguy. This simsubbing is really getting out hand.

2161 - 2170 of 2170 Posts