Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Josh is right, I have Calgary CTV off Telus TV and the only HD is network programs. CTV Tor has almost everything in HD.

·
Registered
174 Posts
MUST have Fox News Channel in HD! CNN HD too. There is no programming on CBC or CTV news channels that can benefit from HD.

Also, bring HD college football package(s) from ESPN, CBS or ABC.

:)

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
We already get all College Football on CBS games in HD and more than half (about 2/3s) of ABC College Football games in HD.

·
Super Moderator
56,400 Posts
TCM HD is still all upconverted from SD
I find that difficult to believe. The movies are telecined from film to HD masters and often the audio is re-encoded as DD5.1. The PQ is (mostly) excellent, but certainly dependent on the quality/storage of the original film and of course the production values that go into the telecine process. We have TCM-HD on Rogers.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=950673#post950673 Film/telecine

Let's not get off the topic of this thread, thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I don't think you will be seeing this anytime soon since its a CTVgm channel, but hey we are talking about wish lists here. ;)
I honestly think that if CTVgm can't get off there a** and give us some HD specialty channels there is no reason American specialty channels shouldn't be offered in HD, at least for the mean time. I spent over 1000 dollars to look at the brilliance of 16:9 HD on a 40" LCD not stretched or letter boxed 4:3 SD. In my opinion Syfy HD should be available to customers until Space HD is launched. Afterwards eliminate Syfy. You know there is a problem when Americans have access to over 140 HD channels (not including locals, ppv, or vod channels) while Canadians are stuck with half as many HD channels. If it weren't for the town housing regulators making a fuss about one dish I would add Directv to my Shaw Direct in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't know - just so long as it isn't another Sports HD channel :rolleyes: Honestly how many channels do you need of sports - better off getting out there and participating instead. Oops - guess you could say that for all of t.v. - oh well what do I know?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
NFL Sunday Ticket HD
We already have that, we get a whopping one channel in HD lol. :( It would be better served with only one channel to be the redzone instead.

Even the one HD channel was sometimes duplicated on FOX or CBS last year. :confused:

·
Registered
60 Posts
After having the 3D technology available, we should have all the channels HD.
And don't tell me that they don't have the money to do it. They have more that we can imagine. If they want to keep the SD channels I have no problem, keep them ,but offer the HD version of them. We are in the 21st century !:D

·
Registered
764 Posts
After having the 3D technology available, we should have all the channels HD.
And don't tell me that they don't have the money to do it. They have more that we can imagine. If they want to keep the SD channels I have no problem, keep them ,but offer the HD version of them. We are in the 21st century !
sure they have the problem is that they use shaw direct to run shaw cable system and they don't invest in their sat division

21 - 40 of 51 Posts