1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
52 Posts
hopefully we get a late christmas present and they give us raptor's, and the score in hd :D.

·
Registered
130 Posts
HD Sports

As I stated in the new channels thread, if *C is adding the other 3 RSN HD, then the HD Sports 1 & 2 will be pretty much dead.

I wouldn't mind paying an extra buck or two for a HD Sports package that includes all those channels PLUS Raptos HD and Score HD.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Why not just have them put in the HD sports pack that we now pay an extra buck or two for in stead of getting a buck or two'ed to death.

·
Registered
130 Posts
That would be even better :)

What I'm saying is that I wouldn't mind paying an extra buck because I think that the HD Sports for 1,99 is a good deal, specially considering that you don't need to pay for the SD version to get the HD ones.

The raptors SD is 0.99 extra anyway...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Golf Channel HD

I didn't even know that the Golf Channel HD was available in Canada yet but today while browsing the Shaw forum I noticed it launched back in December! When is SC going to get this?
Also, does anyone have inside information on whether MLB Extra Innings is even on the radar for Starchoice? If they don't carry it this year then I am making the switch to the other sat. provider.

·
Super Moderator
4,494 Posts
I'd make the switch Crazycanuck... no chance of MLBEI on *C.

·
Super Moderator
4,494 Posts
one in the hand is worth two in the bush

While I don't have a crystal ball, based on Starchoice's previous patterns of channel addition and lack of transponder space, it is very unlikely...

I wouldn't bet the farm on getting MLBEI from *C. I don't see how Starchoice would have the transponder space to allocate 14 SD slots to MLBEI (Jays games should be on a CBC/TSN/RSN & never mind space for MLB in HD). Unlike hockey, you have no control on game length, and imagine the complaints if they didn't offer a full schedule/ or cut a game off.

Jim Shaw loves his football, and the outcry from hockey fans across the country finally forced his hand to add NHLCI 2 years ago.
Canadians, in general aren't die hard fans of America's pastime.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I concur, with the Score HD being very low on the totem pole, no way you will get 14 SD and 6 HD MLB channels like Bell TV has from Star Choice anytime soon. Boy I wish we could get the Score HD at least in time for Baseball season!

·
Registered
28 Posts
What about Global HD, I live in BC and would like to see the news and other programming in HD. My friend told me has had global hd... not sure what provider he has?

Also - Everytime I view the ctv chanel it seems theres no hd content... usually sd.

It would be nice to see simpsons, family guy in a widescreen native version on global...

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Oh trust me, you do not want Global.

Nascar Hotpass is being discontinued by DirecTV, so that leave a small opening for sports, but not much.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Global HD will only increase the amount of simsubs, take up valuable bandwidth and offer very little that is not on the US nets.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My friend also said he now has citytv hd and cbc news world hd... anyone know if those are coming?

I am kind'a a news junkie, so cbc news world or even cnn in hd (if the have cnn hd in the states?) would be cool.

Also another dream would be g4techtv... oh wait nevermind theres nothing I watch on that channel anymore.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Its good to see they now have a hd channel for each sportsnet pacific, west, and so on + that channel for leafstv or other sportsnet games. Good move starchoice.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.