Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

281 - 300 of 308 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,186 Posts
Water HD National Channel 338
The WATER Television Network is a new channel dedicated explicitly to water sport enthusiasts. Pristine lakes, beautiful beaches, smashing waves, grand ocean, and mighty rivers make WATER a paradise for anyone who loves getting out on the water. WATER will offer a full range of sail boating adventures, scuba diving, fresh and saltwater angling, kayaking, camping, and more.

www.shawdirect.ca/english/whats-on/news-and-free-previews/

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
We are supposed to be getting it, but I am not. I wonder if anyone is actually getting this channel on Shaw Direct?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discovery Science is on free preview. It didn't show up in my guide but a program that was in my list of "record new" showed up for the first time in a long time. I discovered the new channel when I looked at the program INFO. I had to edit my channel list to make Discovery Science show in the guide. (I know Dr. Dave reported this a while back but who can remember :)

·
Super Moderator
17,186 Posts
Discovery Science is on national preview August 17 - September 14. (I posted that on August 13)

August 28 - September 30, 2020 - just a reminder ;)
HGTV Canada
History
Showcase
Séries Plus

No other new previews yet.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
If you go into settings and uncheck the channels under Edit channel list, they will not show up when they go on preview. You will need to leave them checked with the setting for show unsubscribed as "Hide". I hide the french, adult, some locals and others but leave some of the specialties checked that I might like to watch under the Edit channel list, so if they go on free preview they show up.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discovery Science is on national preview August 17 - September 14. (I posted that on August 13)

August 28 - September 30, 2020 - just a reminder ;)
HGTV Canada
History
Showcase
Séries Plus

No other new previews yet.
Last month there was a 'Discovery Velocity' preview. I was humming and hawing on adding it after the preview, but now, It's currently active in my OLD Platinum Choice line-up (although it never has been before). But if you look for that channel to subscribe to, a-la-carte (as is the case with the American Superchannels) it's nowhere to be found at the Shaw Direct 'Build a package' site.

Any idea what's going on with these two channel arrangements (Velocity & American Superchannels)? Do they mysteriously get thrown in when you subscribe to something else? I have no idea how Velocity suddenly became hot in my lineup. lol

·
Super Moderator
17,186 Posts
Discovery Velocity is available under "Add more channels" for $5, but not as one of the channel selections on the current standard packages. I don't know about the old packages. Shaw Cable used to occasionally "forget" to take a channel off free preview.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discovery Velocity is available under "Add more channels" for $5, but not as one of the channel selections on the current standard packages. I don't know about the old packages. Shaw Cable used to occasionally "forget" to take a channel off free preview.
It is? Ok, I'll look again. Didn't see it the first time, but the order you have to pick, build and cross-reference is so convoluted it's likely I missed it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm getting the Discovery Sci free preview. I had to select it in the modify channel list. There, the channel icon had the yellow rectangle indicating free preview but it was also greyed out meaning not available. Whatever - it works.

·
Super Moderator
17,186 Posts
TLN Telelatino HD Sept 24 - Dec 31, 2020 National Channel 801
Food Network Canada HD Oct 1 - Oct 31, 2020 National Channel 401
YTV HD Oct 1 - Oct 31, 2020 National Channel 362
Historia HD Oct 1 - Oct 31, 2020 National Channel 774
Wild TV HD Oct 10 - Nov 30, 2020 National Channel 326
Z HD Oct 12 - Nov 8, 2020 National Channel 776
E! HD Oct 13 - Nov 17, 2020 National Channel 417

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Telelatino, free until Dec 31? Score! I was afraid of having to sacrifice it when I downsize, and as a standalone $5 month channel, was going to miss it. Will have to stockpile-DVR those 3am Stefano Cooking shows.

·
Super Moderator
17,186 Posts
Oct 15 - Nov 13, 2020
CBC News Network HD 255
ICI RDI HD 742
Le Canal Nouvelles (LCN) HD 743

Oct 22 - Nov 30, 2020
CTV News Channel HD 256

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Noticed the other day that I'm getting HiFi HD on free preview, now. Channel 462.
Also, Wild TV HD channel 326.

·
Super Moderator
17,186 Posts
Shaw Cable and Shaw Direct haven't updated their web pages, so here are the national previews which should be available.

November 1 – November 30, 2021
Family Channel

November 1 – December 13, 2020
W Network and Lifetime

November 2 – January 3, 2021
Love Nature and HIFI

November 12 – November 22, 2020
Super Channel Heart & Home

November 15 – January 15, 2021
Rewind and Silver Screen Classics (not sure if Shaw Direct carries these)

281 - 300 of 308 Posts