Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

261 - 278 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
As the free preview, ronsnbrd?

I'm glad to hear Alberta is getting our BC news, 'cuz it isn't happening here in BC...:grin...

Thanks for the reply...

·
Registered
865 Posts
I get Global BC1 HD 211 here in Nova Scotia, as part of the Western package that I pay a bit more for each month. I would have thought that if you live in BC you would get it with your regular BC channels. Why is it treated different than CTV, CBC and Global?

·
Registered
23 Posts
NovaMan, here in BC channel 211 is a pay channel....I guess because its a 24 hr. news channel...

The free preview of channel 211, expiring on June 30th, hasn't been available since Apr. 30th....

·
Registered
865 Posts
Found these on my guide and they are all listed as Free Preview for a limited time:

channel 325 SPortsman HD Channel

channel 326 Wild TV HD

channel 329 beIN Sports HD (already reported)

back again is channel 337, HD, The Cowboy Channel

channel 352 Disney Junior HD

channel 361 Nickelodeon HD

Channel 364 Disney XD HD and

back again Channel 456 RFD HD

·
Registered
865 Posts
Found 2 more channels on my guide that are listed as Free Preview for a limited time:

Channel 450 ID HD (Investigation Discovery)

Channel 451 Crime + Investigation HD

·
Registered
865 Posts
Found these on my guide and they are all listed as Free Preview for a limited time:

channel 352 Disney Junior HD

channel 361 Nickelodeon HD

channel 260 MSNBC HD

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
How long is Discovery Velocity a Free-View? Just watching the Virtual 24 Hours of LeMans. Off the hook! I’m hooked. Where’s the caffeine...

·
Registered
865 Posts
tvmaster, according to Dr. Dave Discovery Velocity Nationwide Freeview runs from June 10 to July 8, available through participating television service providers across the country, including but not limited to Bell, Bell Aliant, Bell MTS, Cogeco, Eastlink, Rogers, Telus, Shaw, Shaw Direct, SaskTel, and participating members of the CCSA.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
tvmaster, according to Dr. Dave Discovery Velocity Nationwide Freeview runs from June 10 to July 8, available through participating television service providers across the country, including but not limited to Bell, Bell Aliant, Bell MTS, Cogeco, Eastlink, Rogers, Telus, Shaw, Shaw Direct, SaskTel, and participating members of the CCSA.
Excellent - should be able to stockpile a few ‘Wheeler Dealers’ episodes then. Discovery Velocity used to be thrown in for free if you subscribed to another channel, or package. Do you remember what that arrangement was by chance? It wasn’t something which was advertised possibly...or CSR’s used as bait for up-selling?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Can't really remember that, tvmaster but I also found these on my guide and they are all listed as Free Preview for a limited time:
DIY Network Canada HD...channel 404
Animal Planet HD..channel 449

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
Shaw Direct Free Previews

Discovery Velocity used to be thrown in for free if you subscribed to another channel, or package.
On March 1st, 2018, existing customers subscribed to Discovery Velocity through Pick and Pay will enjoy our Superstation channels (WSBK Boston, WPIX NY, KTLA LA, and WGN Chicago) added at no additional cost. This change applies to both Shaw Cable and Shaw Direct customers

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
@tvmaster I think Shaw has reworked their packages a couple times since then and the link to the Shaw website is dead, but you can always ask.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Ok, I’ve been sampling ‘Discovery Velocity’ for a month maybe, and here’s the thing: why is it that eight out of nine American car shows sound like nobody finished grade six? Are these the ONLY people who appeal to American auto audiences? Besides ’Wheeler Dealer‘s’ & ‘Girl’s Garage’, I can‘t make it thru a single episode of these shows. No matter how interesting the car may be that’s the focus, the ridiculously over-bearing personalities just kill it for me.
Thanks for the preview, but two, intelligent sounding shows isn’t enough a network makes...
Anyone else? Are there better shows on the network I’ve missed?

Edit by 57. "Controversial remarks" deleted.

261 - 278 of 278 Posts