Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a flyer in the mail from shaw direct stating that they will give me 220 channels, 25 in hd for $42:98 per month. My question is if this is just a promotion and if it is worth getting. My last question is if shaw direct is a good company overall and if i should switch from cogeco.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The package is worth it for sure. I had Cogeco in the past and Shaw Direct is much better company wise IMHO. Your picture quality will also be much improved for both SD and HD. We are all waiting for a much anticipated firmware update for the new HD 6xx series receivers, if they are able to fix the known bugs there will be very little to complain about.

·
Registered
721 Posts
In which province do you live,to be offered this extra value pack? Would that package be close to digital favourites? (which I sub to) because that would be a savings of almost $20 a month,if I could get this offer in Saskatchewan.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
It is offered in Ontario and the Atlantic provinces. I believe it may be offered in BC as well. It is very similar to Digital Favourites. You do not get any locals from MB, SK and only Calagary locals from AB.

·
Registered
478 Posts
It's in SK. I live there, have it and got a flyer this week advertising it.

It is supposed to be for new customers. I got it because of how long I subscribed and whatnot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts