Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

141 - 160 of 697 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cancel shaw direct, get the name and address of everyone who cancelled before...

So I just recently canceled my shaw direct service. I received a box 2 days later and have been contemplating what do to with it since.
You see, I found that instead of removing old shipping stickers they just slap your new one on top, I was able to peel off my label and clearly read a full name, phone number and address of the person who canceled before me.
I am also able to pull the other 10 stickers stacked up below this one.
If you want picture evidence I will post one shortly.
If anyone has any advice of what to do or what legal action I can seek that would be great.
This is a serious leak of privacy, I am sure these people would not be happy that their addresses are being shared with the next person who cancels. I am very hesitant of sending my box back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thats nice.
My name, address and phone number are all unlisted.
Privacy is an important issue.
Upon signing up for Shaw Direct they agreed to keep my information private, the neglect to remove or black out shipping information is solely on the responsibility of Shaw Direct, since they are the ones who made such and agreement. Shipping me 10 other customers mailing address, name and phone number breaks that agreement for them. I can see Shaw Direct intended to continue this process, and would therefore break my agreement.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
...I was able to peel off my label and clearly read a full name, phone number and address of the person who canceled before me...If anyone has any advice of what to do or what legal action I can seek that would be great.
I assume that you received a box to return equipment? How do you know these other people canceled? Perhaps it was just warranty returns.

You're asking about legal action for a sticker on a box with somebody else's address? Just contact the Privacy Officer at Shaw Direct and leave it at that. No damage has been done.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
CSR-Fail

Here's my current rant/complaint.

WSBK goes to black last night while a family member is watching. Troubleshooting was already done for me as the family member reports no reception on other receivers.

Call SD and punch in the channel number to see if they are aware of an issue. Message says no known problems with channel so I get transferred. Report problem and ask girl if she can check at her end.

Have to provide my name, number, etc. She checks account and proceeds to tell me I'm not subscribed to that channel. Strike 1. I really don't have time to educate their CSRs at this point. I was not ready to go into an explanation of why I have the channel and why I have had it for probably well in excess of 5 years without being "subscribed". I remember that this channel is on free preview so just tell her that. OK-she seems content with that although I could tell by the reaction that she knew nothing about the free preview. Strike 2.

So I go on hold and she must have checked the status of the channel as well as the free preview because she then acknowledged that the channel was out and that it would be escalated. She then proceeds to tell me that the free preview ends on August 31st and she doesn't know if it will be extended. (Who cares about the free preview. I'll still have the channel.) I'm really miffed at this misinformation because I know that the website indicates the free preview is going until October 31st. Strike 3. CSR=fail.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still upset

Am I the only one who is still bent out of shape about losing channels like Tv Land Canada last year?

I went to the CRTC for help with this. Although kind and courteous, no help.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
the CRTC can not force a provider to carry a category 2 channel. like TV Land, which btw no longer exists. It is now Comedy Gold.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Am I the only one who is still bent out of shape about losing channels like Tv Land Canada last year?

I went to the CRTC for help with this. Although kind and courteous, no help.
No, you're not alone. I'm still bent out of shape over them ditching TV Land and also Court TV and Sun TV. You can call them under the old name or the new name. It doesn't matter. The channels are not carried.

For the record, I'm also still bent out of shape over them still not having added bpm:tv.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Deceptive Tactics

The last increase in price was it for me. When I called in to cancel the rep asked what I was going to use. I told him I was going back to antenna. His response was " you know that's soon going to be obsolete right?". This is patently false and very deceptive. The US broadcasters are finished converting and the Canadian broadcasters are mandated to convert to digital by the CRTC.
I told him I was quite happy with the 20+ digital channels that were already converted and expected the last few would come in by the deadline.
No more bills. No more increases. No more channel changes. Buh Bye Shaw

·
Registered
647 Posts
Good Job! Give them a reality Check.

I'm walking as well and I only have 2 HD OTA channels to go to, but I'm covered 99% with that and the balance from the internet.

With most of the internet providers also having a TV divisions, somehow, we'll all get it in the end.

·
Registered
17 Posts
on saturday--18th-- i was /more likely to watch something else on tv instead on SPEED on 406 picture was so awful that it was like filmed with a junk camera. no i don't have SPEED in HD. but everytime i had to press the guide as you know the picture gets small and it was clear like hd!! maybe it was so compressed? i don't know. i tested it and it was the same for all the sd channels picture was real good when the guide was on.. but when watching it regulary it was tasteless.. only at 406 picture was real bad to look at. all ordinary channels are respectable in HD they are splendid. that was my complaint . when hockey season will start i will subscribe to the HD sports i will watch speed -274-all winter long until hockey ends tsn+tsn2 HD.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
While watching the Lions/Bombers last evening on TSN HD I experienced several picture and sound dropouts lasting anywhere from a couple of seconds to about 10 seconds. Nearly all occurred in the first half. I also have noticed that happening occasionally on other CFL games and Blue Jay games on Sportsnet HD Ontario & One. These occurences only seem to be happening on live broadcasts, not on the normal HD programming. Any one else experiencing these dropouts?

·
Banned
102 Posts
While watching the Lions/Bombers last evening on TSN HD I experienced several picture and sound dropouts lasting anywhere from a couple of seconds to about 10 seconds. Nearly all occurred in the first half. I also have noticed that happening occasionally on other CFL games and Blue Jay games on Sportsnet HD Ontario & One. These occurences only seem to be happening on live broadcasts, not on the normal HD programming. Any one else experiencing these dropouts?
I notice the same on 267 during the ball games.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I noticed that yesterday during the hockey game as well and it happens everytime on a US station where the programming has been simsubbed by Global.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Watching the Houston vs, Oakland Game yesterday on NFLST on channel 435 (I Beleive).

With about 6 minutes left in the game it went to commercials, then all the sudden I'm watching the Chicago Blackhawks preseason game. Keep in mind the football game was on CBS and the Blackhawks game was on WGN....

Call SD to talk to someone - "We don not control what the individual networks put on thier networks and when they may cut to another program."
Okay, I get that, but please don't tell me CBS switched to cover a hockey game on WGN.
"Let me look into that sitr"
While on hold, the channel changes again from Blawkhacks game to the Chargers/Cardinals game (broadcast by Fox), then back to the Blackhawks game. Then once again from the Blackhawks game to the Houston/Oakland game.
He came back after me holding for about 7 minutes and apologized but had no idea why it would have been doing that.

Someone was active at the switch yesterday ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bell TV is the best!

I've move in a brand new house recently. When I call Bell for moving my phone, they offered me a very good deal to subscribe to Bell TV. I accepted! I was a Starchoice subscriber since 2003.

My God what a good move. Bell TV is way over shaw Direct in every aspect. Mostly in hd channels availability and PVR performance.

Do it if you can!!!

141 - 160 of 697 Posts