Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1521 - 1539 of 1539 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Is there a list that shows which channels are being uplinked from which cities? It's a split between just Mississauga and Calgary, is that correct? If not, can someone explain which cities do the heavy lifting, and if there is indeed a channel list for each city. Thanks

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
They are going to be on F2 only for the time being, ie no dual feed, yet. I would imagine the rapid decline of F2 has them changing plans. It will be interesting to see how they are going to adapt to the rapidly changing life span of F2. They will have to fast track some changes before the end of the year.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Which channels, that selection including the Stingray Video channels and the Golf Channel? Aren't they supposed to be dual-feeds until the end of October, aka they won't disappear from F2 until then?
The ones Bigoranget talked about a few weeks ago:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
They are going to be on F2 only for the time being, ie no dual feed, yet. I would imagine the rapid decline of F2 has them changing plans. It will be interesting to see how they are going to adapt to the rapidly changing life span of F2. They will have to fast track some changes before the end of the year.
So they’ve delayed that G1 order for now?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
@tvmaster Yes they have delayed it. The Shaw Broadcast site indicates a new plan will be revealed early in September. Don't assume this is good news though. I expect there could be some radical and fast changes to get everything on G1 unless they can find another satellite to move into F2's slot in the very near term.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
@tvmaster Yes they have delayed it. The Shaw Broadcast site indicates a new plan will be revealed early in September. Don't assume this is good news though. I expect there could be some radical and fast changes to get everything on G1 unless they can find another satellite to move into F2's slot in the very near term.
The last communique listed February as the beginning of the end for ‘some’ services, so that’s pretty soon, unfortunately, for F2 and the revenue it brings, which one article put at $50m annually.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Oh I didn't think about that. So instead of keeping a couple dozen channels on F2 and that's the end of the story they might be thinking of moving even MORE channels to G1 right away. :(

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Oh I didn't think about that. So instead of keeping a couple dozen channels on F2 and that's the end of the story they might be thinking of moving even MORE channels to G1 right away. :(
The whole thing may be finished by spring, the way I read between the lines, maybe even sooner. Better start recording all the material you want. Stingray video channels have been filling my DVR the last month...

1521 - 1539 of 1539 Posts