Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1481 - 1500 of 1522 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
TSN channels cutting in and out like crazy. Considering what's on this weekend (Montreal F1, US Open, CFL openers) it sure is a lousy time to go in the tank.
Is it just me, or does anyone else see all the pixilation - drop outs etc.?
No issues for me with the TSN channels which are on the old F1 bird (Transponder 5) I believe.
Shaw get’s it’s TSN feed from Bell Media so there could be an issue in the chain.
A couple of years ago I fine tuned the Skew on my Dish to get a bit better signal off the F1.
There’s always the chance of local interference which I have run into before.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
No issues for me with the TSN channels which are on the old F1 bird (Transponder 5) I believe.
Shaw get’s it’s TSN feed from Bell Media so there could be an issue in the chain.
A couple of years ago I fine tuned the Skew on my Dish to get a bit better signal off the F1.
There’s always the chance of local interference which I have run into before.
Thanks. This happens for me maybe once a month, where for two/three days, all TSN channels are effected. Could be time for a dish re-tweak - it’s been a few years :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
It's almost as if someone at Shaw was reading this forum - or, Shaw dials up the juice for weekend programming, as within four hours of writing this post, ALL TSN channels began behaving properly. Swear. lol
Well, I do! But, I can assure you no one is tinkering with the signal on any kind of regular basis - this may have to do with the crazy rains and storms we've been having in Calgary the last few weeks.

I do however investigate a lot of what's reported here when I can and it has resulted in a few different findings and fixes. I always appreciate the reports here (and hope I help out sometimes too).

I remember a long time ago, likely more than 5 - 7 years ago - I remember a long post reporting incorrect logos in the Guide. I went in and updated them all, long before starting to post myself. I chuckled at the later replies in the thread saying "wow, they're all magically updated!"

Yes, magic ;)

·
Registered
455 Posts
My wife didn't get yesterday's Coronation Street on CBC Ottawa. Picture all broken up and no sound. There was no adverse weather in southern Ontario. Does CBC Ottawa get uplinked from Calgary?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Well, I do! But, I can assure you no one is tinkering with the signal on any kind of regular basis - this may have to do with the crazy rains and storms we've been having in Calgary the last few weeks.

I do however investigate a lot of what's reported here when I can and it has resulted in a few different findings and fixes. I always appreciate the reports here (and hope I help out sometimes too).

I remember a long time ago, likely more than 5 - 7 years ago - I remember a long post reporting incorrect logos in the Guide. I went in and updated them all, long before starting to post myself. I chuckled at the later replies in the thread saying "wow, they're all magically updated!"

Yes, magic ;)
Funny - back in the old days of the mid-90’s, it was pretty common to turn down the strength during non-prime time hours. We did it where I worked at Life Network. Saved money we were told…

·
Registered
1,307 Posts

Yes, magic ;)
We all appreciate your being on these forums, K8!

·
Registered
67 Posts
someone forgot to turn off the free preview switch . Disney and Spark are still in yellow in the guide even if the preview are over.

·
Super Moderator
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,493
@k801809 do you know who fixes the logos on the Shaw Cable Bluecurve side.
I am happy that they added the city name on the logo, but they missed CTV Atlantic (CTV HFX) and CTV2 Alberta

·
Registered
277 Posts
Wow! I have been trying to get the networks to approve me doing this since (I kid you not) Anik G1 launched in 2013. I'm going to have clean our Guide up with these new versions stat!

I do know the BlueCurve folks and I will let them know! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Why is NTV (Newfoundland TV) not on BlueCurve? Is it a copyright issue with Global? If NTV is allowed, it would be a good addition to the service.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I can ask for sure! I know the teams are looking at all of our contracts right now to see if there are any channels we have the rights for, but haven't gotten onto the app yet so it's possible it's coming anyway. I'll check in regardless!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Why is NTV (Newfoundland TV) not on BlueCurve? Is it a copyright issue with Global? If NTV is allowed, it would be a good addition to the service.
I have NTV (134) on my Total TV on SHAW BlueCurve Cable...not sure why it wouldn't be on SHAW Direct???

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I have NTV (134) on my Total TV on SHAW BlueCurve Cable...not sure why it wouldn't be on SHAW Direct???
It is on Shaw Direct, channel 112, but we are referring to the internet service called BlueCurve. Have you ever received it via the internet?

1481 - 1500 of 1522 Posts