Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1441 - 1460 of 1488 Posts

·
Super Moderator
57,106 Posts
Just as an FYI, Stingray Holiday Favourites (Channel 745 on Rogers) is working properly showing the information and album art for the current song.

Edit - I tried streaming on my computer's web browser (Chrome) and it also showed the correct album art and song information. I'm on Rogers.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Why not just take the slide off the air until you figure out why it will not change? Leave a black screen like the radio stations on the 800 channels. Is that possible?

·
Registered
10,511 Posts
I suspect that the purchase offer has terms that prevent any changes not approved by Rogers. It may also include some terms and conditions that are required by Rogers before transfer of ownership.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Online is fine for me, also.
Stingray Music webplayer | Online free music
I receive the service via my Shaw account.
Of all the Shaw Direct satellite channels, how many do you think are available for internet streaming? CBC Gem has done a good job, but what about all the American channels - they can likely be streamed in the U.S., but how does a paying Shaw customer stream a U.S. channel - wouldn’t they all be geo-restricted for Canadian subscribers?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not Happy - Just returned from a trip to find that CH 155 TVO has disappeared from my line up. I have has the Gold plan for many years and TVO is part of that plan.

How do I get back TVO - is is one of the few channels that we actually watch.

John

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I did a reset and a reboot, but no change. The issue is that Shaw has changed my 155 TVO to NS (not subscribed), and yes it is greyed out.

John
It's still frustrating that it's so easy for an American to see loads of American shows and networks while in Canada, but it's very difficult, soon to be nearly impossible for a Canadian to see CDN material and networks in the USA :(

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Only because we Canadians are willing to pay for the US programs and networks. Of course the Americans could care less about ours. At Costco in San Diego a young worker noticed our license and said to a 60+ worker..is that in California? I was shocked the older guy said Canada and had relatives in BC.

1441 - 1460 of 1488 Posts