Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1421 - 1440 of 1539 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
We listen to “The News” with Shephard Smith on CNBC Tuesday thru Saturday at 4AM Eastern. A few nights ago the volume was all over the place. Last night the volume was OK, but the audio fluttered to the point it was very annoying. BTW, we listen to, but not watch the channel.

I wonder if a technician is adjusting the feed from that NBC sister network.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The Song and Artist information seems to be stuck on Stingray Holiday Favorites, channel 941. It's stuck on " Fooled Around and Fell In Love" by Miranda Lambert, and has been for 4 days. Not sure if this is a SD problem or a Stingray one.

·
Registered
660 Posts
On a related note, I was told long ago that the Stingray logo does not stay fixed in place to prevent damage to TV set pixels. I was told that the logo repeatedly moves a few pixels and returns to place.

I never bought that since the logo is X pixels and the movement maybe is X/10,000 pixels or so. I cannot see any movement. The entire logo almost completely stays in place.

The other text on screen appear to be static. I am uncomfortable with that. I very much enjoy Stingray, but the possible burn-in is always a concern.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
RR I don't know if this will work for you but we turn off the TV when we listen to Stingray and just listen to it with our audio system. If we want to see a song ID we turn the TV on or go to the Stingray website where you can see every thing they play.

Novaman you're right it still says the same thing on 941! Hey Shaw ppl if you see this pls tell them!

·
Registered
277 Posts
@k801809 Is it a Shaw problem or Stingray one?
Sorry folks, just seeing this now. I think it'll be a Stingray problem, but I've emailed the development/testing team to take a look and confirm. Thanks for the report!

Edit: I tuned away and tuned back and the title/track/artist updated from Miranda Lambert to the proper current song. Could have been coincidentally resolved, but can someone confirm they're seeing the same?

On the logo movement, it does constantly move, it is just a few pixels though. This is on the text based version anyway - Stingray controls what is present on the Album Art view (internet connected receivers only), so I can't speak to how much (if at all) it moves in that view.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Interesting, thanks for confirming. Is it text based or the album art display (applicable if you're internet-connected only)?

Edit: never mind! Testing team confirms they see the same on the text based information - likely to be a Stingray issue but we're investigating!

Thanks!

1421 - 1440 of 1539 Posts