Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1401 - 1420 of 1429 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
The team is monitoring right now and say it's coming through 16x9 HD - can you confirm? Thanks!

EDIT: pulled it up on my home receiver here and it looks HD to me as well.
TSN channels (all), Discover Velocity AND CBC News all acting up again as of this weekend. Constant disruption of signal, messing up recordings. Both DSR605’s and 630’s suffering. Will it ever stop?

·
Registered
236 Posts
How about TSN’s or Discovery Velocity?
Those channels have been monitored and the issues you've described have been observed - it's quite intermittent, but investigations are underway. Intermittent issues can take a bit of time to look into so appreciate any patience here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
How about TSN’s or Discovery Velocity?
I watch Velocity a lot No issues BUT i do have a 75 cm Dish / (455):97,Ecb no: 9.0 dB its on anik F2 not sure what transponder ///Anik F2 is nearing end of life if it isn't already don't know what is going on with Telesat NO replacement announced

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Those channels have been monitored and the issues you've described have been observed - it's quite intermittent, but investigations are underway. Intermittent issues can take a bit of time to look into so appreciate any patience here.
Okay, I hear that argument. But considering these channels are A: premium cost (both TSN and Velocity are not part of a large, discounted pack), and B: nobody's offering discounts to our bills, then "intermittent" is frustrating. I record TSN wrap-up shows at midnight every night, and 'Wheeler Dealers' every day on Velocity. It's almost certain that one out of four recordings will be disturbed. That's pretty consistent. Don't know what to suggest how you track it down - maybe someone needs to watch a recording of these two shows, everyday, until they get the pattern.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I watch Velocity a lot No issues BUT i do have a 75 cm Dish / (455):97,Ecb no: 9.0 dB its on anik F2 not sure what transponder ///Anik F2 is nearing end of life if it isn't already don't know what is going on with Telesat NO replacement announced
Thanks - it must be signal quality level that matters here more than it does with other channels. While my numbers aren't as good as yours, it's apparent this transponder needs a high Ecb to function properly, whereas all the other channels do not.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Okay, I here that argument. But considering these channels are A: premium cost (both TSN and Velocity are not part of a large, discounted pack), and B: nobody's offering discounts to our bills, then "intermittent" is frustrating. I record TSN wrap-up shows at midnight every night, and 'Wheeler Dealers' every day on Velocity. It's almost certain that one out of four recordings will be disturbed. That's pretty consistent. Don't know what to suggest how you track it down - maybe someone needs to watch a recording of these two shows, everyday, until they get the pattern.
This is helpful, thanks. Previously we did not have any indication on time/program, and 24/7 monitoring is difficult to accomplish in the 400+ channel universe.

Jittering/disruptions were observed last night on TSN and CBC News Network - both were deemed to be source issues with the on-screen graphics/slates (scoring, COVID, etc.). TCM also saw some disruptions, which we've had some pretty major source issues with them before, so they're looking into that one further.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
This is helpful, thanks. Previously we did not have any indication on time/program, and 24/7 monitoring is difficult to accomplish in the 400+ channel universe.

Jittering/disruptions were observed last night on TSN and CBC News Network - both were deemed to be source issues with the on-screen graphics/slates (scoring, COVID, etc.). TCM also saw some disruptions, which we've had some pretty major source issues with them before, so they're looking into that one further.
Yes, I occasionally get disruptions on CBC News Net as well, but I didn’t think it was on Transponder 5, so I didn’t pile on. In my opinion, I’m having a hard time with the “at source” assumption, as I see disruptions throughout entire shows, regardless what’s on the screen. I’ll do some TCM recordings and let you know. But thanks for investigating. Don’t worry - I’ll be keeping you abreast of developments :)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Anyone else lose a bunch of channels today, May 18, 2021?
I‘ve lost 15 channels, all radio and all Stingray Music.
None of them show satellite loss, and are delivering acceptable signal strength.
Someone screw something up?
New channel map, or package re-organization we haven’t been told about?
Firmware upgrade?
I‘m going to try a refresh......

·
Registered
415 Posts
Anyone else lose a bunch of channels today, May 18, 2021?
I‘ve lost 15 channels, all radio and all Stingray Music.
None of them show satellite loss, and are delivering acceptable signal strength.
Someone screw something up?
New channel map, or package re-organization we haven’t been told about?
I‘m going to try a refresh....quality computer work for my recent $8 in fee increases....
No, but programs were screwed up. Like the National repeating again when local news should be on.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Don't forget it is hockey playoff time so The National repeats more often on CBC News Network and gets bumped around on the local stations to unusual timeslots.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Don't forget it is hockey playoff time so The National repeats more often on CBC News Network and gets bumped around on the local stations to unusual timeslots.
Oh. That was probably it. I guess it's CTV for a while. Do the playoffs last a couple of weeks?

1401 - 1420 of 1429 Posts