Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

121 - 140 of 1208 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
I wonder if they are waiting for consumer reaction to pick and pay? Maybe their basic offering will be in SD only (to be fair to cross-Canada subscribers).

·
Registered
194 Posts
I find it interesting I can get CTV2 HD on the Freerange app but not via my TV. Bugger all use to me cause my internet is only 3 Meg (it's all we can get here out in the sticks due to congestion on the microwave links) but still...

·
Registered
194 Posts
I note that now that The Movie Network is national, eastern customers of Shaw Direct can't get TMN 2 HD whereas western customers can. Yes, I know that most of the content is recycled over the three channels, but that's hardly the point. We've never had the full HD lline-up for Move Network in the east, and now it's national, western Canada gets it all. Hardly fair for those who've been paying subs. Not only that, I bet it's the same price too! Oh, and only two free previews - FX, which is always on free preview, and Telemagino HD. Channel numbering for the movie channels is completely bizarre. Instead of shoe-horning into existing spaces, can't they move things around properly? Oh, and SD are still promoting Movie Central on their website, despite me having my location set. Great coding there! *clap clap clap* Can you tell I'm not impressed? If my wife wasn't so dead set against Bell, I'd be seriously considering it. Having said that, I'm told their HD isn't as sharp, and sometimes it's better the devil you know...

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
In StdD TMN1 2 and 3 appear in the same locations TMN4 appears out of sequence and I am assuming it is the position of MC1.

In HD I only see TMN1 and TMN3 and didn't see anything of the old MC1 through 3 in my channel map. I will check again tonight but didn't watch a lot of live TV last night because the freezing rain killed my signal. I know my dish needs some alignment but that is just an aside. What is now TMN2 was not offered in HD on Shaw Direct.

·
Super Moderator
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
In the West, TMN1 East in HD and SD were added to those who subscribe to the old movie central package [not including encore avenue]. TMN3 East HD&SD still shows unsubscribed. TMN2 East SD is also showing unsubscribed.

·
Registered
326 Posts
No, CP24 only in SD sadly. Shaw Direct are pretty behind on their HD channel count, especially speciality channels.
Agreed. There are numerous channels available in HD that Shaw Direct does not carry. CP24, OLN, CMT, Comedy West, History West, YTV West, W West, all CTV2 Channels. There are probably others I've missed.

·
Registered
520 Posts
studlygoorite: the leafs game was blacked out in areas that are claimed by the Sabres. I think it's complete BS and incorrect, but that's how it was done last night

·
Registered
409 Posts
Leafs 13 I agree completely but a lot of older folks and some on low income don't have HD TVs and some never will get them.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Leafs 13 I agree completely but a lot of older folks and some on low income don't have HD TVs and some never will get them.
sawguyg the solution is allready there the 600 serie of receiver does downscale the HD channels to standard so standard def channels are not needed anymore for shaw clients

121 - 140 of 1208 Posts