Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1361 - 1380 of 1396 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I hope they will fill void of BBC Can with a new channel
Like the actual BBC 1 from London, UK. BBC 1 is available outside the UK now in European countries. (e.g. Belgium, the Netherlands and the Republic of Ireland.) I'm not sure if copyright would allow it to be shown in Canada.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
BBC1 is not on the approved list of non-Canadian programming services by the CRTC.
so not anytime soon and with Britbox and the upcoming new BBC service - BBC select probably never.
BBC Select

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
O K from the list:
  • TV3 Republic of Ireland
  • TV3 Television Network (New Zealand)
  • TV4 Television Network (New Zealand)
These all sound interesting.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
BBC1 is not on the approved list of non-Canadian programming services by the CRTC.
so not anytime soon and with Britbox and the upcoming new BBC service - BBC select probably never.
BBC Select
If BBC Select is streaming-only, then that's crap. I'm really getting sick of the studios/distribution channels controlling things. Wish we could go back to the days when the distribution system wasn't allowed to own content. Pretty soon, OTA will disappear as well, and then every channel will be $10 month, streaming only.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Shaw Direct has updated their Channel PDF's

Web Page
Numeric listing
Alphabetic listing

They are dated Oct 2020 so they have been around for a while and seem current as BBC Canada is not included.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I am disappointed to see BBC Canada leave. I hope K: (Knowledge Network), PBS, TVO, YES, VISION, and ?? will continue to show BBC shows.

·
Registered
601 Posts
It is so distracting to see the big VISION TV logo not in the far right bottom of the HD screen. It is located where the bottom right of an SD 4:3 scree would be. Geez I hate those bugs.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
As long as the commercial relationship between the broadcasters and the BBC makes sense (or lots of cents) for both parties then the programs will remain on those stations.

Re Vision bug I agree it is annoying but it is not a Shaw Direct thing it would be the same for all BDu's it's not really a Shaw Direct channel issue.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Friday, January 22 5:50 PM - No audio on CNN, but video OK. What the heck is going on?
Beats me, but Discovery Velocity has been suffering video/audio drop-outs for months now. All Shaw Dieect has done to fix it is raise my bill $3 month. The cull is coming....
PS - at 6:25pm, CNN audio was fine

·
Registered
51 Posts
Is it true the Bell is carrying again NHL network ? I was very disappointed when they cut us off a few years agao . I would welcome this chanel back on shaw direct with open arms.

·
Registered
389 Posts
My 630 is in the other room and I'm too lazy to get up from my computer. I figured it would be easy to find program listings on the Shaw direct website. All I could find was the bluecurve listings and guess what, not all the channels are there. If there a web program directory for what's on satellite?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Does anyone know what is going on with CHRG on channel 365? For the better part of the week, the channel has been ghosting, tiling and pixelating. I checked the signal strength on my satellite receiver and it is 97%. That is the only channel that I noticed that is doing this. Has anyone else noticed?

1361 - 1380 of 1396 Posts