Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1321 - 1340 of 1342 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Actually, just checked and all CTV channels Manitoba and east are in the black..... Is it just Shaw?? Including CTV news channel. Now 7:35 Atlantic.

·
Super Moderator
17,186 Posts
Most Bell Media channels went out about 4:30 Central on Bell MTS Fibe TV, including Discovery, CTV New, CTV Winnipeg, Comedy. etc. There seems to be a major problem at the source.

·
Super Moderator
17,186 Posts
It looks like all the channels are back on Bell MTS Fibe TV as of 7:40 Central, with the exception of CTV News which is showing the CP24 feed.

·
Super Moderator
17,186 Posts
They are now broadcasting CTV News Channel from the street. They said there was a major power outage.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Bell Media says a power outage at one of its facilities in Ontario affected TV and other services across much of Canada. Makes me think our communications in this country are dependent on very few facilities. Bell says in a statement issued yesterday evening that the outage at the broadcast facility in Scarborough knocked CTV and CTV2 stations east of Winnipeg off the air, as well as the company's specialty channels.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Started getting lots of dropouts this morning on these channels this morning, also on the TSN group as well, which has regularly been lousy with this problem.
Oddly, CNN seems mostly ok, but is still suffering these disruptions on and off as well.
Anyone else having trouble with Documentary / Discovery Velocity or Cottage Life? I haven't sampled every channel in that channel range, but I'm checking throughout today.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Two Holiday Music channels began today on SD. Stingray Holiday Favourites, channel 941 and Stingray Franco Fetes, channel 942.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm glad that they did not convert my Smooth Jazz channel 933 to Christmas music. I love Christmas music all times of the year, but the Mrs. does not want to hear it until Dec 1. The only bad thing about Christmas time is the sometimes over-powering smell of cinnamon in the stores that sell Xmas decorations, candles, etc.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Does ANYBODY subscribe to ‘Discovery Velocity’ besides me? Surely I can’t be the only one seeing and suffering from these audio/video dropouts every minute?
The channel is basically unwatchable and un-recordable, as the disruptions are even worse on recordings.
K801809 - can you check this channel out for 10 minutes please? Thanks.

·
Registered
583 Posts
USA PREMIER DATES per U.S. TV Guide
Some networks like PBS are not included

Nov 5
Young Sheldon 8:00pm CBS
B Positive 8:30pm CBS
Mom 9:00pm CBS

Nov 8
NCIS: Los Angeles 9:00pm CBS
NCIS: New Orleans 10:00pm CBS

Nov 10
A Teacher Hulu
Dash & Lily Netflix

Nov 11
Chicago Med 8:00pm NBC
S.W.A.T. 9:00pm CBS
Chicago Fire 9:00pm NBC
Chicago P.D. 10:00pm NBC

Nov 12
Grey's Anatomy 9:00pm ABC
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit 9:00pm NBC
The Unicorn 9:30pm CBS

Nov 13
The Blacklist 8:00pm NBC

Nov 15
The Crown Netflix

Nov 16
The Neighborhood 8:00pm CBS
Bob Hearts Abishola 8:30pm CBS
All Rise 9:00pm CBS
His Dark Materials 9:00pm HBO

Nov 17
NCIS 8:00pm CBS
FBI 9:00pm CBS
FBI: Most Wanted 10:00pm CBS

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Now CNN is acting up just like Discovery Velocity: audio/video dropouts which mess up recordings and live viewing. Doesn’t ANYBODY at Shaw give a [email protected]#$? Amazing that Fox News never seems to suffer. Oh, yeah, it’s Shaw...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Besides channels 941 and 042 at least 3 other SD FM audio channels have flipped to Christmas Music.
channel 846-QM-FM 103.5 Vancouver
channel 863-CHFI FM 98.1 Toronto
channel 881-C100 FM Halifax

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
The Frame HD, channel 298, will flip from images and videos, from around the world, tomorrow, Friday November 20, at 7 am Eastern, to their annual Holiday Fireplace. "The soft glow of the fire and the natural sounds of the fireplace, complete with the crackling of burning wood."

·
Registered
212 Posts
Now CNN is acting up just like Discovery Velocity: audio/video dropouts which mess up recordings and live viewing. Doesn’t ANYBODY at Shaw give a [email protected]#$? Amazing that Fox News never seems to suffer. Oh, yeah, it’s Shaw...
We have a team mainly dedicated right now for addressing the issues on CNN and that transponder. It is very heavily being looked into with many different approaches being tried and implemented to see what sticks best. It's unfortunately not very cut and dry with the satellite potentially starting to show its age.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
We have a team mainly dedicated right now for addressing the issues on CNN and that transponder. It is very heavily being looked into with many different approaches being tried and implemented to see what sticks best. It's unfortunately not very cut and dry with the satellite potentially starting to show its age.
OK, understood. How about putting Fox where CNN is. lol. But Discovery Velocity has been far worse the last two weeks - every hour of every day, whenever I record a show, inevitably there will be dropouts within that recording.

·
Registered
8 Posts
OK, understood. How about putting Fox where CNN is. lol. But Discovery Velocity has been far worse the last two weeks - every hour of every day, whenever I record a show, inevitably there will be dropouts within that recording.
I haven't noticed any dropouts on Discovery Velocity I'm on the channel 90% of the time!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I haven't noticed any dropouts on Discovery Velocity I'm on the channel 90% of the time!
Did you see my post two weeks ago? Thanks. Until yesterday, there wasn’t a single recording made without disruptions the last three weeks, on both my 530 and 630. Yesterday was the first time I made recordings where the dropouts were gone. Beats me how you’ve seen none. What receiver are you using by chance?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you see my post two weeks ago? Thanks. Until yesterday, there wasn’t a single recording made without disruptions the last three weeks, on both my 530 and 630. Yesterday was the first time I made recordings where the dropouts were gone. Beats me how you’ve seen none. What receiver are you using by chance?
I have a 630 receiver all is well !

1321 - 1340 of 1342 Posts