Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1301 - 1320 of 1342 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
We have been recording Coronation Street on CH132 for quite some time. For some reason, our 630s are trying to record it at 1300 EST (used to be 7pm. Hockey?) Anyway, the channel is not coming in. Our second 630 records fine but on CH144. I'm not aware of problems at other times of the day. Is it possible this is a solar interference issue?
Yeah, we're in Fall solar transit period. This explains it in some detail: Sun outage - Wikipedia
Normally the outage is only supposed to be a few minutes (wiki says up to 12), and the exact start/end times will vary over the period. Should be over within a week'ish.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I think CNN is experiencing solar transit, lunar transit, and transit bus problems. CNN has frequently been dropping out at all hours of the day for months. Do other cable and satellite providers have the same problem?

Someone must have complained to CNN. If so, why has CNN not responded to complaints from these companies? :mad:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I think CNN is experiencing solar transit, lunar transit, and transit bus problems. CNN has frequently been dropping out at all hours of the day for months. Do other cable and satellite providers have the same problem?

Someone must have complained to CNN. If so, why has CNN not responded to complaints from these companies? :mad:
CNN and TSN. Maybe GOP operatives are hacking CNN, but I doubt Sportsnet operatives are smart enough to do the same to TSN. Lol

·
Registered
366 Posts
I started on CNN but switched - it was unwatchable for me. A bit later I turned the TV off because it was unwatchable (for other reasons).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, CNN is the worst for audio drops, then picture black out, then everything is fine for 5 min....rinse & repeat!!....rinse & repeat....

I've had it happen on other channels, but CNN is by far the worst....is it any wonder that people are turning to the internet for programming...

Shaw Direct....do something!!....look into the problem!!

Either that or give us all a credit for all the unwatchable channels....

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Yes, CNN is the worst for audio drops, then picture black out, then everything is fine for 5 min....rinse & repeat!!....rinse & repeat....

I've had it happen on other channels, but CNN is by far the worst....is it any wonder that people are turning to the internet for programming...

Shaw Direct....do something!!....look into the problem!!

Either that or give us all a credit for all the unwatchable channels....
Do you notice this on any other channels? The TSN channels regularly suffer from this on my dish.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Hmm CNN is on the same F2 transponder as Paramount and AMC among others. I have seen the same thing on Paramount in the past during Yellowstone in particular. Some recordings were ok. Others had segments that were unwatchable. The TSN channels are also on Anitk F2 and both on vertical transponders. I don't think the polarity is the issue but something with the signal encoding or upload is off.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do you notice this on any other channels? The TSN channels regularly suffer from this on my dish.
I've occasionally had it happen on 448, Nat Geo Wild....this week, so far so good...

But nothing like CNN, where the audio drops, picture remains; the screen goes totally black for at least 20 sec. & then both audio & picture return for a short time...

I never had a problem with CNN before the channel/satellite change.....

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have up on CNN last night as the drop outs got worse. Instead of just a little pixelation here and there, I started getting the full on black screens every once in a while that other people have mentioned. I switched over to ABC and no problems for the rest of the debate.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
looks like Discovery Velocity has been suffering as well, based on recordings I’ve stockpiled during the free view. Anyone else noticed the CNN audio/video disruptions in DV?

·
Registered
531 Posts
I was noticing a lot of problems with the different TSNs during Monday night football. I switched to RDS. I had the game on mute most of the night anyway, I had hockey on the main screen

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have up on CNN last night as the drop outs got worse. Instead of just a little pixelation here and there, I started getting the full on black screens every once in a while that other people have mentioned. I switched over to ABC and no problems for the rest of the debate.
Confirming problems with CNN: audio drop outs, black screen for several seconds and occasional green pixelation screens.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Do other cable companies have the same problem with CNN? Maybe the problem is with the source - CNN or their uplink feed to Shaw ?
I don't know about Cable, but I can tell you that CNN on Bell Satellite does not break up...and there are no audio drop outs at all.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I am surprised that the CNN dropouts are not apparent on Bell Satellite. I agree that the problem must be with Shaw Direct. Surely we are not the only Shaw Direct customers to be aggravated by the poor quality of CNN.

I don't know about Cable, but I can tell you that CNN on Bell Satellite does not break up...and there are no audio drop outs at all.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
All Atlantic CTV and CTV2 channels are in the dark. Not sure for how long but everything is black from Halifax, , Moncton, Sydney and Saint John. I only turned them on at 7 pm and 23 minutes later they are still all in the dark.

1301 - 1320 of 1342 Posts