Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1201 - 1208 of 1208 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Yea, Rewind Rewind is another movie channel not offered by Shaw Direct. SD has a history of not offering available channels. Take a look at Loud, Retro, etc. These channels were never offered by SD and they always claimed the usual (not enough demand, no room on the satellite, etc) until they took over ownership and magically, the channels appear. Question also why they removed Peachtree. The more channels NOT offered equals more revenue for SD. I am pretty sure that given the decline of satellite, it is pretty much a service now for those who have virtually no other options (e.g. live in the country with poor internet, to get service at an RV site or those wanting Canadian television when in the States). SD is not likely to gain any revenue by offering additional channels so there is no motivation for them to do so.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
@starchoice Loud, Retro, Vibe, Country (was Juicebox) were Chum, then Bell Media/BCE/CTV properties and are now owned Stingray. Yes they were added more recently but not because Shaw or Corus have an ownership stake in them.
Yea, @LONSat you are correct. It is my bad memory. I do believe that there was some type of dispute between CHUM and Shaw at the time.

1201 - 1208 of 1208 Posts