Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

781 - 800 of 1208 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I’ve now seen both my 603 & 605 reset more than once in the last 24 hours, once each in the middle of the morning today. Does this have something to do worth the June 11 channel map fiasco? Anyone else see this happen today?

·
Registered
550 Posts
630 restarts

Our 630 has been resetting also; we hoped it wasn't the internal HD. Maybe Shaw related???
Unrelated: The new external drive always successfully reconnects. :smile

...I’ve now seen both my 603 & 605 reset more than once in the last 24 hours...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Oof - yes, we were having 6XX reboot problems yesterday but I thought they were fixed as agents stopped reporting it after we made some changes. It is map related, but not new lineup related. We had the premium sports channels removed from the Guides yesterday which caused some unexpected side effects.

It's a map by map problem, so we'll just have to work through reloading them all today.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
By fiasco, I mean the setting deadlines for certain subs, sending emails, then changing their minds until fall. For all I know maybe the Shaw Direct computers ARE automatically sending out change commands to certain boxes. One thing’s for sure - I seriously question any tech email I now get from Shaw...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Oof - yes, we were having 6XX reboot problems yesterday but I thought they were fixed as agents stopped reporting it after we made some changes. It is map related, but not new lineup related. We had the premium sports channels removed from the Guides yesterday which caused some unexpected side effects.

It's a map by map problem, so we'll just have to work through reloading them all today.
okay, thanks. It did seem damn odd, rebooting in the middle of World Cup soccer. If it had been the men’s tourney, your phones would be ringing much more....

·
Registered
195 Posts
I can confirm 100% that we're not automatically changing anyone over - I would have had to set it up myself =)

The Channel Lineup launch date was decided on before other priorities came up and it was really the only thing that could have shifted without much consequence. I apologize I changed the date on you, sometimes these things happen unfortunately.

·
Registered
132 Posts
National Channel Lineup

What exactly is the schedule for Shaw converting customers to the one National Lineup. I heard that they have advanced customers and classic customers auto converting, but when? exactly. Has anyone here been converted yet.
I personally like the idea, as having different channels lineups to means seems strange;

I have tried to hide the Standard Def channels if there is an HD equivalent, but that is a pain...

·
Registered
9 Posts
you can call or chat with them online and ask for it right now the new lineup is available right now ( i have it) but it's the automatic upgrade to it that's been postponed to fall

·
Registered
195 Posts
Harlock76 is correct - the original plan was to migrate Advanced customers this week, but that has been postponed to November. You can opt in by calling or chatting in (chat recommended) - the change should only take a couple of minutes.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
The only remaining HD channels left will be CNBC, Fashion a bunch of CTV stations mainly in Atlantic Canada, Windsor CBC and CTV2, Rural and a couple other French and English small market locals. Oh and some of the ethnic, third language channels.

·
Registered
195 Posts
This is my current list of services that will remain SD until 2020:

CBC Fredericton
CBC Windsor
CHAT Medicine Hat
CKRT Riviere-du-Loup
CTV Lethbridge
CTV Moncton
CTV North Bay
CTV Prince Albert
CTV Saint John
CTV Sault Ste. Marie
CTV Sydney
CTV Timmins
CTV Two Windsor
CTV Yorkton
Global Durham
Global Lethbridge
ICI Tele Est du Quebec
ICI Tele Estrie
ICI Tele Ontario
ICI Tele Quebec
ICI Tele Saguenay
TVA Trois-Rivieres
V Abitibi-Temiscamingue
V Riviere-du-Loup
V Trois-Rivieres
Rural Channel

CNBC, I think we're trying to work in this year - if not, it too will be 2020.

These do not have an HD feed, but would become HD if ever available:

A.Side
Book Television
ESPN Classic
Fashion Television
Northern Legislative Assembly
Avis de Recherche (AdR)
Canal Savoir
MTV2

(also the Adult services, with the exception of Playboy TV which will be HD on June 25).

The Ethnic channels are not planned to convert to HD.

781 - 800 of 1208 Posts