Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

61 - 80 of 1208 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
A few minor changes to the guide logos. PPV / TALC have new large blue logos with white borders and Radio have new radio logos (the direction they face indicates English or French).

·
Registered
194 Posts
Noted this morning that 986 (3D PPV), 987 / 988 (French / English xKu Help) are now no longer accessible via the keypad and appear to have been completely removed. Also looks like one or two HD PPV channels may have gone. I think 983, not sure on 982 (can't remember). Are they making more room for something?

EDIT: 981 / 2 / 3 / 6 are now all gone, both from the guide and altogether.

·
Registered
764 Posts
it cant be that because Dysney channel replace TÉLÉTOON RÉTRO (French)
and Cartoon network replace TELETOON RETRO (English)
maybe some room for shomi app on satellite ????

·
Registered
92 Posts
Okay, Here is the thing. Some service providers are launching Disney Channel as a replacement of Teletoon Retro. On Shaw Direct especially, More people are interested in Disney Channel then Cartoon Network, And I can for sure tell that every time I message them.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Here's how it looks on Shaw Direct (Advanced guide) this morning - 9:18 AT.

162 - Disney Channel SD. Still broadcasting as Teletoon Retro presently. The switch-over is due at 10:00 AM according to the guide. I think this will be the West Coast feed.
181 - Cartoon Network SD. This was the old Teletoon Retro feed. Free Preview. Slightly (not overly, given Shaw's lack of HD and also given the fact this is a 'slot-in' replacement) surprised there's no HD feed.
575 - Disney Channel HD.
769 - La Chaine Disney SD. There appears to be no French HD version, at least not on my guide.

986 / 987 / 988 are back again, but "hidden".

293 - Salt + Light is on Free Preview.

I wasn't subscribed to it, but it appears NHL Network is now gone.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I haven't seen Disney on my guide. I did, however, find Cartoon Network. What package is that going to be on after the freeview? We have Digital Advantage.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Disney is in with Family and tele-toon and unless you are subscribed it won't show up on the new guide unless it's on free pre-view (it isn't) You can change your guide settings from hide to show unsubscribed channels. Don't know how anyone else feels but not impressed with Cartoon Network line-up...thought it would be better.

·
Registered
132 Posts
why?

I guess Teletoon Retro is now Cartoon Network?... like why...
do we really need more than one 24hour Cartoon Network?... and why is Teletoon in HD... what a waste of space

·
Registered
194 Posts
I guess Teletoon Retro is now Cartoon Network?... like why...
do we really need more than one 24hour Cartoon Network?... and why is Teletoon in HD... what a waste of space
Teletoon was always in HD. Teletoon Retro was closed down by the operator of the channel (Corus Media), who used the space to put Cartoon Network in it's place. This allowed Cartoon Network to have coverage on the two major providers where it wasn't before (Shaw and I think Rogers). None of this is Shaw's fault; if anything, you need to contact Corus if you have any issues.

·
Registered
194 Posts
My HD PPV channels keep appearing and disappearing from the guide. I only have one HD PPV channel as of this morning (960). I assume it's related to the appearance of the NFL Sunday Ticket feeds? Also, NFL Network SD appeared on my guide yesterday on 121 and appears to be permanent, not Free Preview. NFL RedZone HD has appeared on Free Preview on 476. NFL Sunday Ticket is on 477-490, also Free Preview - I presume they are also HD. All #'s Advanced line-up.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Most of the PPV channels still appear in my guide. A few missing as they add channels. Noticed that 981 recently disappeared after Disney HD was added.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Never could see running multiple channels of the same movie, running it in a loop on 1 or maybe 2 channels with offset times would be good enough... I think

·
Registered
194 Posts
Lost all my English PPV channels (SD & HD) today. I can check the PPV menu to order of course, but I can't record as I can't find it in the guide to set a timer! I can select the channels by typing in the channel number. If I show unsubscribed channels, they show as they would regularly (I.E., not greyed out). Very odd. Will have to raise a support ticket. Anyone else getting this?

·
Registered
48 Posts
channels 655 & 654 have moved to unsubscribed list, but I can enter channel number & get there. If I'm on 653, a channel up won't take me there. Very strange.

61 - 80 of 1208 Posts