Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 20 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
The Movie Network GO (TMN GO) is now available to TMN subscribers in Eastern Canada on Shaw Direct and Shaw Cable.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=2402250
how do you log in? I only saw a link for Shaw Go (not Shaw Direct).
what would this be: "Please Use Your watchTVeverywhere.ca Account"
I don't even know what that is - can you explain?
Thanks

EDIT: figured it out...too many options lol

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
so what happened to Discovery Velocity? When did the FreeView end? Is it still on 279 East Classic, and the old satellites? Is it part of a decent package or a la carte?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I don't subcribe to Shaw Direct right now but I still have my 630 pvr hooked up... The guide does show TMN1,2,3 West in standard def as well as two Encore West channels but someone else will have to verify if they are actually available in the east. I would assume they are since TMN is now a national service.
What is odd is that TMN1HDW has become available in my East Classic lineup using an old LNB, at channel 147. However, it hasn't made itself available in the listings as of yet, although if I manually punch in that channel, I get TMN1HDW including proper program description.
Any idea why this may be, and when 147 may show up in my listings? One thing's for sure: somebody found HD space on F2 it appears...

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
any idea how long it takes for it to show up in the channel map / TV guide listings? Are there any other Movie Central channels which were rebranded and being made available?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I seem to have either not noticed, or Shaw recently took away one, SD movie channel (MFest), which was on channel 605 classic lineup east. Now that channel is TMN 1 West. Surely they could have found enough space in the SD band for TMN 1 W without taking away another movie channel, no? It appears HBO 1&2 are repeated twice between 600 and 621.
Any idea when this happened? It would be nice of Shaw to send emails saying "hey loser, we've taken away another channel you signed up and are paying for"
No?
Just me?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
TMN4 is just a two hour offset of TMN1 now, whereas before M, MFest, MFun and Mxcess all had somewhat independent schedules. The way Shaw Direct shows the channels in the guide is TMN1, TMN2, TMN3, TMN1W which in effect is TMN4. I know the TMN site shows TMN1-4 but Shaw Direct labels TMN4 as TMN1W. For Eastern subscribers TMN4 = TMN1West.

Bell Media is the one who reduced the number of TMN multiplexes when they took over MC.
Thanks, that seems to be correct, i.e. we lost one movie channel, and gained a west coast time-shift. I still don't see why they had to kill one of the channels we were paying for. It's not as if we have four movie networks to choose from as they do in the U.S.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised, pay more, get less, at Shaw Direct!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
They didn't 'change' the programming, they eliminated TMN4 and replaced it with a time delayed TMN1. And while true, it's not Shaw who decides on TMN's politics, it IS Shaw who my payment is sent to. If we are to receive on less channel of independent programming, I personally would expect a decrease in price, not an increase. But of course, that's not how this works...

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
has anyone lost some American HD and SD channels today, namely CBS, Fox and ABC east and west coast? Is there a weather front, or is this another Anik screw-up...
Classic channel east coast line-up numbers
Receiving 284, 285 and 286 fine, lost 287, 290, 295 and an assortment of the SD versions.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Yes BBCWorld etc are to be HD in the final plan. CP24 is almost live as of today. As in its in the guide not sure if it authorized as yet.

G1 is near capacity, all of these conversions to HD MPEG4 are going to be on F1R and F2.
Some channels may shift between F1 and F2 but none are shown moving to G1

At this link
Shaw Broadcast Services - Bulletins

scroll down to the excel file "Final Outcome F1R F2 Traffic Plan Phase 3"
Ok, great news for snow birds then. But I always thought F1 etc were going dark by 2019, no?

1 - 20 of 254 Posts