Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 15 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I too are having channels missing with my 630 , my other two receivers ( 605 and an 805) are fine.
Did two receiver refresh’s and still missing channels on my 630 receiver.
Guess I’ll have to call Shaw Direct in the morning if it’s not fixed by then.
Been a Shaw Direct customer for almost 20 years This is the first time this has ever happened.
The up time and picture quality have always been top notch.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Finally got through to Shaw Direct via the chat , the Agent tried a few things but was unable to fix all the receivers . The Tech guys are working on the issue On the back end and hope to have it fix soon.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Since soooo many of us had the problem, did they offer what sounded like an honest explanation went wrong with whatever fault started at THEIR end? Was it a tv guide update, firmware bump? Surely they must have a clue what caused it...
I was only on the chat and the Agent was honest and said there was an on going problem that knew about and were trying to figure out what was going on.
The fact that I was able to restore my lost channels last night my self with the online refresh only to lose the again the next day is the issue as the Agent said. He wouldn’t have access to the back end info until He was told what was the issue. I He did say the Tech guys were working on it through out the night. The Shaw Direct Twitter account was been very active and offering personal attention if you send them a private email with you account details , but it’s only open 9 to 5 . No doubt that there facing something that has never happened before in the almost 20 years I’ve been a customer that I can remember.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hello JasperJoe you have to look at the Tweets with Replies Tab to see all the Threads for the Shaw Direct Twitter account.
I agree the main Twitter feed for Shaw Direct is only used for promo info. Shaw Cable has it's own Twitter Accounts with a Help feed which would look after Internet , Voip Phone and Cable TV I believe . Hope this Helps

·
Registered
151 Posts
This morning everything is back to normal all channels on all receivers again.
I can't think what could of happened , other then someone working from home that has a Kat ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
SPM 1 could be sending a Standard Def signal in there upload link , TCM was doing that last year.
The Shaw Direct chat and even customer service land line would not have access to actually watch the channel your having problems with.Like all other call centres they can only access your account for program changes and go through a basic script to reboot your receiver and book a service call. It would be nice if they passed the info onto there Technical department.It’s random that you get a really good agent on the line , keep trying.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just checked now , 11 hours later and it’s still stuck.
The Screen Saver still not working on any of the Sting Ray music channels, so Beware if you have an OLED TV.

·
Registered
151 Posts
TSN channels cutting in and out like crazy. Considering what's on this weekend (Montreal F1, US Open, CFL openers) it sure is a lousy time to go in the tank.
Is it just me, or does anyone else see all the pixilation - drop outs etc.?
No issues for me with the TSN channels which are on the old F1 bird (Transponder 5) I believe.
Shaw get’s it’s TSN feed from Bell Media so there could be an issue in the chain.
A couple of years ago I fine tuned the Skew on my Dish to get a bit better signal off the F1.
There’s always the chance of local interference which I have run into before.

1 - 15 of 16 Posts