Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Exactly; the whole channel request form is just smoke and mirrors. As I said in another thread, I find it rather amusing that the only provider with a channel request form is the one with the least amount of channels.
I guess you might have been correct. The new TV season begins this coming week without an HD version of the CW. One CW show that I notice that was on CTV last season (Supergirl) has been moved to CTV2, also only in Standard Def. on Shaw Direct.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Thanks Dr. Dave. So, it is the Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow (among others) that have been moved to CTV2, not Supergirl.. These programs are only available in standard definition this season on Shaw Direct.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Last year we didn't get music with the fireplace...that was 2 years ago that you could opt for music with your fire. Just the sound of the roaring fire and the crackling logs this year, again, I guess.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Yes, 57, two years ago, to get the music on the fireplace channel, one selected source on the Shaw Direct remote. English and DVS showed (as it still does) on the screen and when one chose DVS the music came on. But not last year; and so far not this year; but you can always play whatever type of music you prefer, in the background, and just enjoy sitting by the fireplace.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Besides 935, Holiday Favourites, there are 5 other audio channels that have flipped to all Christmas Music, that can be heard on Shaw Direct.
922 - Franco Fetes
The following Commercial Radio stations:
831 - KISC -FM - Spokane
846 - CHQM - FM - Vancouver
850 - CKNG - FM - Edmonton
863 - CHFI - FM - Toronto

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Does channel 988 really say 26 new channels coming or is it the message about receiving up to 22-26 additional channels because they got rid of the HD Sports Plus and HD Extra packages?
I received a letter from Shaw Direct a few days ago naming the new HD channels coming this year. I didn't mention it earlier because I figured it would already have been posted, but I don't see it anywhere. (Remove this post if it is a repeat of a post somewhere else.) Here are some of the new HD channels for 2017:

NFL Net
MTV
PIX 11
Spike
Animal Planet
TWN (weather)
Cooking Channel
DTOUR
Fight
BNN
M Encore 2
CMT